Author Topic: '67 Camaro 155HP questions  (Read 3559 times)

group/7

• View Profile
'67 Camaro 155HP questions
« on: March 29, 2020, 09:14:22 PM »
Can some one answer these questions for me ? I live in Canada had a '67 (long since gone to the endless highway in the sky ) Ermine white, bright blue bucket seats, standard interior, six, auto on the column.the VIN was 123 377M 122481.

Is there a data base where I could find that VIN, that would tell me when and where the car was produced ?

I should remember, but don't if it had power brakes and steering  ::)

I bought the car in '70, it had shoulder belts, where they an option, or dealer installed ?

It had the Camaro script on the front fenders, under which there was the emblem for the 250 six, I've seen some cars with the Camaro script, some don't, did it depend what options, engine, where on the car ?

On a 250 155 horse did the muffler sit between the rear axle and the fuel tank, and would it exit on the driver's side of the car ?

Are there any images of unrestored, or correctly restored six cyl. engine compartments .

Was the whole engine Chevy orange, including the valve cover, and oil pan ?

The engine size decal would be be on top of the air cleaner, would there be tune up decals on the air cleaner, or on the fan shroud?

I've included two photos of the car, (sorry I couldn't seem to get them smaller  ???) around '72, it was getting tired !

This all to do with building a scale model of the car, like to have the details right.

This is a great forum, I've posted mostly in the Trans-Am racing thread.

Mike, in Canada

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: '67 Camaro 155HP questions
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:16:41 PM »
Mike, I'll try to answer some of your questions, but there are several guys that own original 6 cylinder cars that can add to what I say:

1. 123377N122481 isn't in the database, nor does it show up in any of the online VIN check sites.
2. The car was manufactured in Norwood, Ohio the 4th week of October, 1966.
3. Shoulder belts could be either a factory option (RPO AS1) or dealer installed.
4. The Camaro script was included on all cars, but the engine size wasn't included if you purchased the base 230 engine.
5. The muffler was located between the rear axle and the fuel tank.
6. I'm sure some of the 6 cylinder guys will post pictures of their engine compartment, but yes, the entire engine was orange.
7. The tune up decal would have been on the radiator support.

Ed

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Re: '67 Camaro 155HP questions
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 10:34:55 AM »
Most likely a Norwood car would have been delivered into Canada for sale at a Canadian dealer - G M Vintage Vehicles Services in Oshawa has records of any and all cars delivered and sold new in Canada.  Google G M Vintage Car Services - Oshawa ON and get the 1-800 number and give them a call - they will run the VIN number for you and might give you a synopsis of the options the car over the phone as to when and to where it was delivered dealer-wise in Canada.
You could also purchase a package that would validate and document it's 'as delivered' status if you still had the car, but I doubt that would be much good to you now considering.. 

anything