Author Topic: Surprise Car  (Read 2655 times)

dannystarr

• View Profile
Surprise Car
« on: August 17, 2021, 12:20:11 AM »
Was out of town for a few days. Came home and my girlfriend surprised me with a car. It was dark, and she said I'll be right back. I didn't know she had it at the neighbors house. I didn't even see it when I drove by on my way to our house. She walked over and got it and pulled up with cool running lights. She drove a Camaro but just said it didn't have any balls. So she went to another dealership and BAM!! 2021 392 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Hemi 6-speed manual. Had 22 miles on it. 10 of them she put on. Pretty exciting, I took it for a ride, nice car! Sounds great on acceleration AND deceleration. Need to wait about 1000 miles before I jump on it or slam the brakes. That's just what I want to do, I am sure you could take it to the track. Good Times ahead! I need to learn all the features/options etc. Danny

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
Re: Surprise Car
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 01:09:12 AM »
Excellent choice, and in one of my favorite colors:F8 green! You can drive it right on over to my house...LOL
Just another T/A fanatic. Current lifelong projects:
1968 Olds 442 W-30
1969 Mustang Fastback w a Can-Am 494 (Boss 429)

Oldtimer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 03:15:58 AM »
Camo Challenger?

Awesome!

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 04:33:36 PM »
Crossboss where do you live, I'll swing it by, take ya for a ride...  :)  Yes nice color for sure. Fun to drive. I think she looked at the Zl1 but it started at the high 60's to 80 or 90 thousands. Pricey for sure. But maybe worth it for what you are getting. I don't know the specifics, never looked into it. Danny

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 05:31:45 PM »
Crossboss where do you live, I'll swing it by, take ya for a ride...  :)  Yes nice color for sure. Fun to drive. I think she looked at the Zl1 but it started at the high 60's to 80 or 90 thousands. Pricey for sure. But maybe worth it for what you are getting. I don't know the specifics, never looked into it. Danny

Las Vegas. I'm waiting!  LOL
Seriously, congrats on the Challenger. I myself have a desire to own one.
1968 Olds 442 W-30

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 01:53:31 AM »
Thanx.. Not a Camaro for a Camaro site. But just wanted to share. ... Danny

x55cam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 01:47:58 PM »
Looking at that car I can see why they out sold the 6th Gen Camaros by a wide margin - great color too.
Be careful about reading  health books. Some fine day you'll die of a misprint. - Markus Herz

BillG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 01:08:28 AM »
those almost look like 1st gen camaros more than the new camaro.
Bill Garrett

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 04:21:49 PM »
those almost look like 1st gen camaros more than the new camaro.

Thats a correct statement. When the Chrysler designers were styling the original 'Cuda and Challenger for 1970, they actually used Camaro as the template. Chrysler wanted more of a Coupe style (like Camaro) over the Fastback Mustang style. Remember, the original Barracuda's were a Fastback (more of a glass back) design. That styling was all the rage in the 1960's. Unfortunately for Chrysler, the sales demand in 1970-'74 did not happen like they had wanted. However, fast forward to today, and it is a sales success.
1968 Olds 442 W-30