Author Topic: Original GM Floors  (Read 2335 times)

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: Original GM Floors
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 01:11:30 PM »
Are these really desirable? I have some of a perfect floor from the 80s.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 01:29:04 PM »
Obviously reproduction sheet metal is preferable to RUSTED out original panels, BUT...

I always consider *original factory metal* preferable to reproduction metal when it's in good shape... (If the pieces available addresses your rusty areas!). 

If I needed those floor sections, and I was close enough to go and pick it up (and avoid that seller's extremely high shipping costs), then I would prefer those panels to 'new' repro panels...
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

usa1ti

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 03:39:14 PM »
Are these really desirable? I have some of a perfect floor from the 80s.

Kevin, I need the only section this guy didn't list. Drivers side from base of gas pedal to seat to rocker. Would gladly give asking + shipping for good solid original. Would have more than his asking in Goodmark or AMD + shipping. Both would have to go in same way but Original GM ranks above Repro in any area any part in my opinion. Not a fan of Resto Mod or Repro Restorations. There is one in every garage...
Todd, East TN

67CruiseMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 05:37:45 PM »
I think part of the result of that ebay auction, is that there is currently a sheetmetal shortage of car body parts. Its already having a ripple affect to some hobbyist. Talking to some retailers for parts, first gen camaro doors, floors and trunk pans are the current shortage.

Scot
67 SS/RS with original Cruise Control
67 Tuxedo Black Convertible.

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 01:10:41 PM »
Todd, let me look in my shed.  My floors were replaced in 1982 with a Firebird coupe floor (brazed).  Only issue was I have a convertible :(  It was cut out to put a new floor in a few years ago.  Let me see what survived from the front drivers area.

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 08:59:06 PM »
Todd, the shop I sent the body to really did a crappy job sawzalling the floors out.  they really cut outside the lines and only partial pieces remain.  sorry

anything