Author Topic: Searching history on import car  (Read 923 times)

TFB1980

• View Profile
Searching history on import car
« on: June 08, 2023, 09:12:25 AM »
Hi

I am writing from Denmark, and have had a long time dream of owning a 1gen Camaro, which has now come true.
Unfortunately the previos owner have had it standing out in every weather for almost 10 years, without driving it, so it needs a bit of restoration. But then we can make our touch to it.

I know it has been imported to Denmark in 2008 from Florida by previous owner, but he didn't have any more info on the car.

I am interested so see if I can find any history on the car and maybe some older pictures. It has been restored before with colorchange.
From the Trim Tag I found that it was born Butternut Yellow, and now it has a blue Color.
Also it has another Engine and changed from a Auto to Manual trans

I have ordered the NCRS report, so looking forward to see what can be found through that.

But I was wondering if it is possible to find any more info with help from you. Maybe links to where to search in Florida and other places etc. as I am not familiar with how such things works overthere in the States  ;D

Hope you guys can help me

Best Regards
Thomas for DK

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Searching history on import car
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 01:07:41 PM »
The only thing I have is that your car was on ebay back in 2008 (auction 300243981852) by seller gator2882 (Jim Rose).

Here's the ebay ad

1968 Chevrolet Camaro Sport,327,4-speed,power steering,buckets,77k miles, AM/FM Cass, New Cragar SS rims and tires,Blue with black top and interior, Excellent Paint and interior. Rock solid body. Runs and drives Awesome! Lights,turnsignals,wiper,guages,interior lights,blower motor,radio all work. Horn does not work. Bid with confidence you are getting a great car! I have more high quality pictures at http://www.justmusclecars.com any questions feel free to call (239)415-7673 Jim Rose

HERE'S his web site and here are a few pictures from the auction. Good luck on your search.

Ed

TFB1980

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 02:07:20 PM »
Fantastic Ed

Thank you that is really great information

I will try and dig into it and contct him. Maybe he knows more about it, thoug it is sevearl years ago

Thomas

TFB1980

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 03:08:47 PM »
Just for the reference,

This is how the Car looked when we bought it and after taking of the vinyl and preparing the Car for bodywork.

But of cause we got the Car for a good price and mechanical it is in good shape and interior is fine also.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 03:19:25 PM »
Oh man. Mother nature has not been kind to that car! That's going to take a lot of time and money to repair. Other than the roof, how does the rest of the car look?

Ed

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 03:19:58 PM »
Whats the decal on the backglass?  ADPA ? ? Pilots Association

TFB1980

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 03:26:13 PM »
I have no idea, but I believe it has been on the car before it came to Denmark.

But could be interesting to search for info that way. Haven’t thought of that :-D

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 03:59:07 PM »