Author Topic: Nationals at Fredrick 2021  (Read 3716 times)

maroman

• View Profile
Nationals at Fredrick 2021
« on: June 26, 2021, 11:10:51 PM »
I thought someone had started a thread about it but couldn't find it. I went today. Not a lot of cars totally but the ones there were excellent. I am hoping someone posts pictures. I had not seen a '69 in NC blue before, I like it. Mostly Yencos, Z-28s and big blocks which is ok. Had a good day with my grand daughter.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

x66 714

• View Profile
Re: Nationals at Fredrick 2021
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 11:31:26 PM »
The only pictures I've seen are on Facebook....Joe
See America's First, Chevrolet

1968 Z/28 Corvette Bronze. Black Hounds Tooth. 02E Los Angeles born 3/13/1968 pnt OO. Purchased March 1976
1969 SS396 Yellow/Yellow 08E Norwood born 8/28/1969 pnt 76E. Purchased April 1981

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 06:45:52 PM »
I went on Friday when everyone was setting  up…several very nice wish I owned cars…..the three cars that a thought were amazing are

67 blue yenko with red deluxe interior factory power windows, fold down seat, and many other rare options

68 green yenko…..with original owner.

Beautiful hugger orange 69 Z28 that looked perfect.

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 08:09:22 PM »
That blue with red interior was incredible. I would not have ordered it then but really like it now. As once having a teal '68  I also liked the teal Z with black stripes. Mine had white stripes.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

CJP_69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 06:04:53 PM »
Drove 8 hours and went to the Camaro Nationals on Friday morning for the first time. Saw some beautiful cars in the legends building and talked to some nice people. Didn't care too much for the lady in the camaro shirt telling my 12 year old son and I that we had to move while we were looking at the engine compartment of Bruce's BY copo Camaro because we were near a desk that she wasn't even sitting at. There weren't alot of cars out on the show field but maybe it was still early. Drove through Gettysburg on the way back and stopped at the Eisenhower farm.

Went to Carlisle on Saturday. Saw Don M's cortez silver zl1 #11 and the Yenko Z at the SLS along with some other very nice cars. Talked to Brian from SCW for about and hour and he let my two kids sit in the green prostock 72 Camaro. Some decent parts at the swap meet that I might have bought but didn't have my truck. The show field had a nice variety of cars.

My personal observations and opinion. As we stayed in Carlisle, I don't think I would go back to the Camaro Nationals unless there was a particular car that I wanted to see- like zl1 #55 or the green Baldwin Motion 69 Camaro. It's too bad that whatever caused the Camaro Nats to split off from Carlisle couldn't be remedied. It would be nice to have both venues back at one location.

Chris

jcabuilder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 09:15:42 PM »
I posted a few pictures over on the Team Camaro website. From what I understand the Carlisle people raised the price beyond what the Nationals were able to pay. There were some great cars there especially in the Legends building. Saturday the attendance picked up and my guess is that there were a few hundred cars there.
1969 Z28 X33 Tuxedo Black
2007 BMW Z4 Sapphire Black Metallic
2016 Ford F150 King Ranch Shadow Black

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 10:00:43 PM »
Drove 8 hours and went to the Camaro Nationals on Friday morning for the first time. Saw some beautiful cars in the legends building and talked to some nice people. Didn't care too much for the lady in the camaro shirt telling my 12 year old son and I that we had to move while we were looking at the engine compartment of Bruce's BY copo Camaro because we were near a desk that she wasn't even sitting at. There weren't alot of cars out on the show field but maybe it was still early. Drove through Gettysburg on the way back and stopped at the Eisenhower farm.

Went to Carlisle on Saturday. Saw Don M's cortez silver zl1 #11 and the Yenko Z at the SLS along with some other very nice cars. Talked to Brian from SCW for about and hour and he let my two kids sit in the green prostock 72 Camaro. Some decent parts at the swap meet that I might have bought but didn't have my truck. The show field had a nice variety of cars.

My personal observations and opinion. As we stayed in Carlisle, I don't think I would go back to the Camaro Nationals unless there was a particular car that I wanted to see- like zl1 #55 or the green Baldwin Motion 69 Camaro. It's too bad that whatever caused the Camaro Nats to split off from Carlisle couldn't be remedied. It would be nice to have both venues back at one location.

I concur... I went when they were together in 2008. Started going to MCACN and then went to the Camaro nats in 2019 -- I can't see going back as 75% of what I saw there(80's-new Camaros) is at the local cars and coffee and nearly all of the remaining 25% of Hipo first and 2nd gen stuff will be at MCACN.
I heard that Bloomington last weekend was disappointing too...

On a brighter note...
#1 It seems like every local car show in our area is stating that they have had 3-10 times as many cars as they have had in the past - and many have not had enough space thus regrettably were turning cars away.
#2 There were 1500 cars at the Cars & Coffee this past Saturday morning as well - with a line a mile long to get into the lot at 7:30 in the morning
#3 The Great Race concluded in Greenville SC this Sunday to a HUGE crowd on main street - our local AACA chapter paraded/parked our cars on main street  and then helped direct and park the race participants.
FWIW the winners were a pair of sisters aged 18 and 21.
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 10:49:15 PM »
Would be nice if they could find a way to combine Camaro nationals with Charlotte auto fair…..Since NC is in the middle of the eastern USA, they would draw cars from more place’s

Well I live in NC….so at least it would be nice for me.

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 12:46:28 AM »
I believe the title "Camaro Nationals" is owned by the folks who put on the show in Frederick.

One year, the show was in Dearborn Michigan, when it belonged to two brothers who were based in Florida.  It was more of a money venture than anything else.
From what I remember, there were people / cars from many states who showed up - it was more towards the middle of the country, so maybe it was more accessible / easier to get to for folks all around.

This whole thing revolves around money, politics and unfortunately a charity that will probably suffer if it doesn't continue in MD.

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 01:10:43 AM »
It's too bad about their differences. Both venues are good.

68L30

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 01:45:40 AM »
Chris, I was there when you were talking about your kids in Jeffs ZL-1, and the look on all your faces when Brian called you all over to get in the Racecar. That, is what it’s all about! Special moments….Priceless memories!

BIG

luv2sixty9

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 03:32:35 PM »
Here are a couple of pics of the Carolina Blue Z28 that belongs to Frank Arone. I loved this car!
1967 Z/28 Butternut Yellow
1969 Z/28 Rally Green
1969 RS Z/28 Lemans Blue
1969 RS Z/28 Olympic Gold
1969 RS SS Pace Car
2010 Aqua Blue 2SS RS

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2021, 08:54:42 PM »
I agree, great looking car.

CJP_69

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 06:48:30 PM »
Same with the shows around here James. We're about 45 minutes from Foxboro Ma, Patriot Place- Gillette Stadium. There is a cruise at the Bass Pro Shops there every other Thursday. Two weeks ago was the second one of the season. Weather was perfect and there were about 2500 cars in attendance. They had to turn cars away as the lots were filled to capacity.

Hey Steve priceless for sure! The last time we were at Carlisle was 2012. When Brian invited my 4 year old son and two year old daughter to sit behind the wheel of Jeff's freshly restored zl-1 and take a picture, I was excited but walking on egg shells. He was like, it's just a car. Brian and Joe are top notch and I've learned much through their detailed photos and info on their facebook page. Nine years later he says, let's replicate the photo in the green pro stock car. Great people giving back to the hobby. Your 68 has a killer stance!
Chris

68L30

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 08:35:53 PM »
Thank you Chris, much appreciated. That’s what these shows are all about. No ropes no chains… get up close and experience the essence of these cars. Smiles are way better then points.