Author Topic: package shelf color  (Read 8159 times)

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
package shelf color
« on: April 08, 2007, 02:24:32 PM »
I'm getting close to putting parts on instead of taking them off...finally!  I wanted to check on the color of the package shelf.  My interior color is Midnight Green.  I don't have an old shelf to compare to though... so what was the color?  I'm leaning toward the dark green and not black. 
Joe
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

sam

• View Profile
Re: package shelf color
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 03:19:02 PM »
I have a fathom green 69 Z with a DG interior. The shelf Is DG in mine to match the interior.  Sam

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 03:38:21 PM »
Thanks Sam!  That's what I was thinking.
While We're on the subject of interior colors, I don't see window cranks with dark green knobs or dark green seat belts.  Oly found clear or black knobs and black seat belts.  Did you have to replace yours?
Joe
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »
69's all have clear knbs on the window cranks.
1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 08:13:26 PM »
The ones I have are all dark green.  Unfortunatly they are in poor condition and not really useable.  I guess I'll do the clear ones for a replacement
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

sam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 02:44:21 AM »
I have clear knobs which have yellowed some and my seatbelts are black and correct. My interior is original except for the dash pad and carpets.

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 02:22:33 PM »
That's odd your original is black belted and clear knobed ???  I wonder whats up with my car.
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 02:34:37 PM »
All standard seat belts were black; deluxe belts matched the interior color, but they were a stand-alone option, not included with any other interior package. Window cranks were all clear.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 04:37:29 PM »
That would explain the seat belt colors.  The car does have a deluxe interior so somone over the years must have swaped them out.  Knowing that makes life easier!  As for the knobs on the cranks who knows  I have two clear and two green ones in the box of parts.  I just figured since the car is Fathom green with a Midnight green interior the green ones must be the right color.  Clear being correct makes life easier too1
Thanks for the help!
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 04:13:02 AM »
I'm confused.
Do you currently have deluxe or standard, green or black, seatbelts? What are the dates on the tags?
Kurt S
CRG

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 03:04:07 PM »
Kurt,  I just read my last post :-[ .  I meant to say Standard interior and didn't mean to say Deluxe.  That should clear up the confusion.  Sorry, proof reading apparently is not my strong point.
Joe
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 05:05:15 PM »
All standard seat belts were black; deluxe belts matched the interior color, but they were a stand-alone option, not included with any other interior package. Window cranks were all clear.

Some of the info above is confusing. I think what John meant to say is:

All cars with standard interior had seat belts that were black ; cars with deluxe interior had seat belts that matched the interior color, but they were a stand-alone option, not included with any other interior package. Deluxe belts with metal buckles or Standard belts with plastic buckles could come with either interior. Window cranks were all clear.

1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 04:04:37 PM »

Some of the info above is confusing. I think what John meant to say is:

All cars with standard interior had seat belts that were black ; cars with deluxe interior had seat belts that matched the interior color, but they were a stand-alone option, not included with any other interior package. Deluxe belts with metal buckles or Standard belts with plastic buckles could come with either interior. Window cranks were all clear.

Nope, I meant exactly what I said. The deluxe interior had no impact on seat belts at all; if you ordered the deluxe interior, you got black standard belts with plastic buckles, unless you ALSO ordered Deluxe Seat Belts, in which case you got deluxe belts that matched the interior color with metal buckles. Window crank knobs were clear with either the standard or deluxe interiors.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

anything