CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2014, 08:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
102384 Posts in 12080 Topics by 4665 Members
Latest Member: 67RagTop
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Mild Modifications
| | |-+  non-Camaro rear end and parking brake problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: non-Camaro rear end and parking brake problem  (Read 1587 times)
alparker70

View Profile Email
« on: April 08, 2007, 06:38:02 PM »

I have a 1967 standard V-8 Coupe that had the rear end swapped out before I got it.  It is a 12 bolt positraction, and I believe it was from a Chevelle or some other type of coil spring set-up.  The rear parking brakes had been cut and disposed of before I got the car.  I purchased two reproduction replacement rear parking brake cables.  When we started to rebuild the back brakes and tried to hook up the cables, they appeared to be too long.  We had not yet hooked up the front and middle parking brake cables.  Does anyone know if the Camaro parking brake cables will work with this type of rear end?  If so, will installing all the other parking brake cables prior to hooking up the rear cable take care of this apparent length problem with the rear cables?  I hope this makes sense.  If someone needs more information to respond, please let me know.  Thanks. 

Al
hotrod68

almost finished

rusticman48@aol
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 10:05:53 PM »

The type of rearend makes no difference in the parking brake cables unless the new rearend is ridiculously wider than a Camaro rearend. The Camaro parking brake cable brackets are on the rear subframes near where the spring perches are and are non-adjustable, so the length of rest of the cables is irrelevant. The brake backing plates should be similiar, too. Sounds like you may have some bastard cables.

HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: