Author Topic: Bowtie Sticker on Valve cover  (Read 4584 times)

tmodel66

• View Profile
Bowtie Sticker on Valve cover
« on: February 08, 2010, 06:53:56 PM »
Did the valve cover on '69 L48 have a Bowtie sticker on it.  I have searched with no luck but I seem to remember a Silver with Red  Bowtie sticker on left valve cover. Can someone help me out with this? 
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

Boston14

• View Profile
Re: Bowtie Sticker on Valve cover
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:40:18 AM »
My 1969 RS/SS L48 has a silver with a red bowtie Tonawanda sticker on the right (passenger side) valve cover. The engine was made at the Tonawanda plant.
boston14

1969 SS/RS 350 Convertible
Dover White with Black Top and D90 stripe, Red Standard Interior

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:45:25 AM »
Well at least I know there was one even though I was wrong about the side. No problem. My problem I can't find a replacement. Mine got eat up in the vat. Any ideas where to get a replacement?
BTW Thanks for the help
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

jcoriginal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 07:43:12 AM »
The "Bowtie" or "Tonawanda" sticker's can be purchased at many aftermarket Camaro dealer's/catalog's.
Rick's Camaro Athen's Georgia has them, but so do many places.
My dilemma with that same decal is IF mine was to have had one at all. I do have the Tonawanda Engine on my 69 307/200.
Mine is the basic no option Camaro. This sticker was on the car when I bought it in the 1980's and along with the car being run down and dirty, the sticker was very faded, original in every appearance as to having been placed on the car when new.
The problem now is, when I'm looking to replace the decal, these place's all say in their catalog's the it was located on the Front of the Left/Driver's side & only on a Big Block.
Mine was located on the Front of the Right/Passenger side of my little Tonawanda 307.
Having trouble locating anywhere that can show decal placement location's on a first generation Camaro.

Vince

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 04:53:44 PM »
It sounds like the decal placement might have changed thru the first generation years.  I had a 1967 Camaro RS that I bought from the original owner; I am sure everything on that car was just as it came from the factory as it only had 48,000 miles when I bought it in 1988.  It had the L30 275 hp 327.  The Tonawanda engine sticker was on the left, driver's side valve cover.