Author Topic: Excellent Source for Original AC Delco AM and AM / FM Radios!  (Read 10744 times)

DonSTP

• 68-RS
    • View Profile
CRG Members,

If you've got a hole in your console where the radio used to sit, chances are you've spent considerable time searching for a decent looking replacement.  I personally have spent considerable time doing some very deep searches in my quest for a quality restoration and I finally found one.  See attached picture. 

There's been a number of posts regarding AC Delco radios, including one I can't seem to find anymore on where to find one.  I figured I'd offer a new post to help others in their quest to find a quality restoration.

This is by far *the* best restoration I have seen, bar none.  I believe the vendor is an electronics tech, because he said he goes through the radio inside/out, and is so confident in his work that he guarantees the radio for 2 years.  Because we had some shipping issues, he bumped the guarantee up to 5yrs for me at no extra cost.  Excellent customer service and a good guy to do business with. 

I won the auction to purchase this radio, which is an original 1968 AC Delco AM radio, off ebay from JV Restorations.  As a general rule of thumb, a high quality restoration like this one will run you about $350 to $400 dollars, and an AM / FM will run you about $1,000 dollars.   :o  Crazy I know, but they are very hard to come by so they command a premium, especially if they're in mint condition.

It's crazy to think we indiscriminently pulled these radios out and junked them 30yrs ago.  If we only knew what we know today...

I hope you find this post helpful, and if nothing else the time I've spent in my search will help shave some time for you by having read this. Good luck in the hunt but do give JV Restorations a shot to see if he might have what you're looking for.  His email is: joevijil@adelphia.net

Let us know if you find something and post your pics if you do.

Happy tuning!  ;)

Don

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Excellent Source for Original AC Delco AM and AM / FM Radios!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 10:35:22 PM »
Don,

From the pictures, it look like a great radio.
Does this guy have a web site, where you can purchase directly from him?
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

othal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 06:29:47 PM »
I also bought a radio from JV Restorations and I am real pleased so far with the appearacne of the radio. I have not install yet but am sure it will work find based on the obvious restoration quality.

DonSTP

• 68-RS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »
Guys act fast - this guy's got another auction going on right now on Ebay for:

1967 67 1968 68 Camaro Firebird AM Delco Radio + NICE!  RESTORED, SHOW QUALITY, 5 YR WARRANTY ,100% Returnable

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220112697975&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:MT:1

You cannot beat the quality of this guy ANYWHERE.

Good luck with the auction!

Don

67 kemie ss

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 07:06:10 AM »
Bought an AM FM radio with the rear speaker set up from this guy.  Embarassed  to  admit  what I paid for it, but his work is very good - the radio looks good, but more importantly plays very well and I've had no problems with it at all in the past 2 years I've had it. 

Nevertheless, given the price I paid he was supposed to send me the correct # rear speaker for my car.  I sent back the one he gave me, but he never sent the replacement and I'm out a couple hundred bucks.  Question this guy's integrity. 

l88z16

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 02:24:20 AM »
Any recent info on JV radio repair????Getting ready to send one off.

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 04:47:20 AM »
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1373423#post1373423

That link refers back to this one.  You could go on TC and ask those guys if no one responds here.
68Z28

HOGDADDY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 10:26:13 PM »
I got lucky and found a nos am radio on ebay. I won it in the last minute because noone had met the reserve and I had a gut feeling about what the reserve price was. I was right and won the auction meeting the reserve of $250.00.

I don't care if it works or not just wanted something nice to fill the hole and it was well worth the money imho.

anything