Author Topic: Build Sequence - Understanding the time line  (Read 3630 times)

AAEEE4M

• View Profile
Build Sequence - Understanding the time line
« on: February 24, 2021, 07:23:48 PM »
Hi all, new member and first time Camaro owner.  Love this site and learning a lot.  I have been reading some of the great info in the CRG FAQ pages and in this forum and have learned much about my cars history.  Based on the VIN, Trim Tag and cast stamp decoding, I have a 67 SS 350 (4P) with a (P7R31) muncie 4 speed built Oct 31st '66, a 295H/350cid engine (VI1I2MS) built Nov 12th '66 and a body build out of Van Nuys the second week November '66 (11B, T712, LOS 8882).  What has me a little puzzled is the S/N sequence (my S/N L121495) in relation to the rest of the data.  According to the data the last LOS S/N in November '66 was L122251 in a month were they produced over 9500 cars.  That would put my S/N only 756 from the end, in essence into the 4th week of November.  My question is this, does it make sense that an engine that was ready 2nd week of November (11/12) along with a body sequence from the second week of November would take almost 2 weeks to complete?  Does the T712 production sequence or the 8882 help with understanding this?

Petes L48

• View Profile
Re: Build Sequence - Understanding the time line
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 09:03:34 PM »
The T712 should and 8882 should be focused on more than the 11B for your car, so a late November build date, which should be confirmed by the NCRS report if you get it.  The engine assembly date falls in line with this and normative date ranges.  Any paperwork or trim tag pictures? 

AAEEE4M

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 02:30:12 AM »
Thanks for the response Pete.  Not having much luck with uploading the photo.  Im trying to get it down below 200K with out much luck at the moment.  Also not familiar with the NCRS report so will do some research on that as well.  In the mean time if it helps, trim tag reads as follows:

11B                            T712
ST    67-12637       LOS 8882    Body
TR    797-Z                   MM      Paint
        E 2LGR     3SK
        4P

I have used the resources at this sight to decode, this is a Royal Plum, Custom /Delux Parchment/Black interior w/ bucket seats w/o headrest.  Tinted Windows, 4 speed M20, center console, rear speaker, Z23 interior package, Z21 exterior package and L48 engine. 

I was thinking that maybe the Royal Plum paint code may have caused a delay if they would batch process the "not so popular" paint choices to limit change over?

Again thanks for responding and I will do my homework on the NCRS report process as well as learn how to shrink and upload 3Mb photos.

AAEEE4M

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 03:06:38 AM »
Hopefully this works.  Trim Tag, Engine and Tranny Stamp for the 124377L121495 Camaro.  Any further insight or recommendations for better understanding if this vehicle and its past would be greatly appreciated.

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 04:36:17 AM »
I'm  not an engine stamp expert but IMO the trim tags looks good and all the drivetrain dates seem to fall in line well.  See the General Discussion section, first pinned topic of Original dealer information available... for details on what the NCRS report is.  I think it's  worth the cost if you don't have any original documentation. 

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 08:09:49 AM »
Nothing wrong with any of those numbers. Just read all the caveats on the GM monthly VIN closer - it's flaky data. No other 67 LOS month had 9500 cars....
Kurt S
CRG

AAEEE4M

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 03:10:54 PM »
Thanks all, appreciate the feedback.  I just applied for the NCRS report so looking very forward to anything they can find.  I will report back on this thread with those results and most likely start another thread in the restoration section to further document condition and findings as I start this process.  Thanks again!

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 09:32:51 PM »

I was thinking that maybe the Royal Plum paint code may have caused a delay if they would batch process the "not so popular" paint choices to limit change over?

Don't sell the RP color short just because it wasn't ordered as often as others. It's still a nice color, and with parchment interior, it will be a standout. And you're pretty sure to have the only one like it at a car show. Good luck with the restoration and let us know how it's coming along. Look forward to see more pics. 

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 11:41:03 PM »
That is a GREAT color combination. Do not let anyone tell you it’s not.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 04:27:44 AM »
My nephew picked a 67 Chevelle over a 66 because he wanted one in royal plum!
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

AAEEE4M

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 03:39:04 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance on the color guys.  I will be honest and admit that I was not looking for a #'s car as I wanted to just build a fun project.  I recently retired, had just finished a '99 Jeep TJ for my son and was ready for the next adventure.  When this opportunity presented itself it was first one of my good friends (who I've helped with his '70 Buick GS Stage 1) in the past and ultimately my son convincing me this was some thing I should do.  So the adventure begins this spring, too dang cold to be working on it right now.  Again appreciate the nice feedback and camaradiere (are shall I say CAMAROdiere) of this group.

AAEEE4M

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2021, 02:08:53 AM »
Well that was quicker than I expected.  I just received my letter from the NCRS.

The GM official production date was November 29, 1966
The original delivery dealer was dealer code 127 in zone 42
The name and address for the dealer was:
Dorsey Chevrolet
Tekoa, Washington

I checked on the Internet unfortunately Dorsey Chevrolet went out of business in 1990. I’ll still do my best to see if I can’t contact somebody and if there’s any records at all try to obtain them.  Again thank you everybody for your support and providing the information I needed to get to this history. Very cool and backs up with the late November S/N and Fisher body sequence numbers.

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2021, 04:11:55 AM »
Good to hear. Thanks for the follow up. You have a great project there! Look forward to hearing more.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2021, 01:17:00 PM »
I like the options on your car, especially the color/interior!   Looking forward to seeing more photos.   If you haven't yet, download  a free application (for your own use) called:   Light Image Resizer    which does a great job of reducing your photo file sizes.    If you are wanting to show a detail, it's also good to first 'trim' the coverage of the photo using a tool as simple as 'Paint' to reduce your photo coverage to the exact area you desire for the photo, and then run 'light image resizer' to reduce the file size.

https://www.obviousidea.com/windows-software/light-image-resizer/

09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 04:01:43 AM »
You can also crop in Light Image Resizer. No need to use a different program
Kurt S