Author Topic: a real 67 RS SS// Trim tag and curious about engine stamp upside down ? Restamp  (Read 3618 times)

sappy787

• View Profile
Ok,

I found a camaro RS/SS I would like to buy. Just looking for an extra set of eyes on the trim tag looking to be . Curious about the engine pad stamping with part of it upside down? Before I spend 40k I appreciate and and all thoughts on tag and engine stamp?

sappy787

• View Profile

sappy787

• View Profile
Super Rare 1967 L48 M20 4spd "Real" SS350 # matching, with protect-o-plate. Built first 6 weeks of production Van Nuys, Ca. Pre-radius rod. Thanks in advance ...

CantRepeat

• View Profile
Trim tag looks good to me. But, you say RS/SS and it's missing the 3L to make it an RS.

I'm not extremely familiar with engine stamping but on my 67 RS/SS numbers matching motor the both the serial number and the engine code number are oriented in the same fashion. On yours it appears then are opposite of each other. Don't know if it means anything or not. Wait a second, are the numbers on the side of the block and not on the pad by the head? That could be something different.

After looking at more examples the serial number part looks to be too large in size.

Some examples in the link.

http://camaroworld.macswebs.com/1968/engine_id_codes.htm
-Tim
67 RS/SS Vert C-1 797-Z LOS 11B
EXDL 2EMGR 3SL
4P

sappy787

• View Profile
My thinking was the stampings look way to crisp? It is an LA car and i was told they did strange stuff back then but the stamps seem off and the tag looks ok to me?

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Pad stamp is good. Car has been around for years, went from KY to OH to MO....
As noted, not a RS.
Kurt S
CRG

sappy787

• View Profile
Thanks very much

CantRepeat

• View Profile
lol, that's a valve cover isn't it. I couldn't make that part out.

Kurt, so there are different size serial stampings on the pads? Learning more every day.
-Tim
67 RS/SS Vert C-1 797-Z LOS 11B
EXDL 2EMGR 3SL
4P

Petes L48

• View Profile
There have also been LOS partial VIN stamps observed , starting with L7 instead of 7L.  That smaller L has been seen in other instances.  They must have assigned new hires to the engine stamp job, LOL.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Yes, it happened in certain timeframes at LOS.
Kurt S
CRG