Author Topic: A real 67 RS SS Camaro? Trim tag is confusing to me with the 4P on the cowl ta  (Read 3648 times)

sappy787

• View Profile
Hi, I am looking to buy a 1967 camaro RS/SS and wanted to get some help / The Norwood trim tag has a 4p on the bottom but I am confused on is it a SS350 350 or am i reading it could be a 327 with a 4 speed from Norwood. Any help decoding all the tag would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. I just want o make sure I am buying a real SS/RS car. Also is it really a manual transmission with no center console. Thanks in advance for any help..

01B B
ST67-12437 NOR 67140
717-Z C-C
W 2S 3L
4P

Thanks again for any help/

sappy787

• View Profile
manual?

sappy787

• View Profile

sappy787

• View Profile

sappy787

• View Profile

x77-69z28

• View Profile
SS should have a 12 bolt. I’m on vacation, away from my books. Someone will chime in with the the option codes. Console was optional, so yes you could have a 4speed without a console.
Buddy
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
According to trim tag this car was originally a three on the tree or powerglide on the column.
SS 350.
IF it was a 327 it would have a “L” in group 2 in order to have a “p” in group 4

sappy787

• View Profile
I was thinking the body tag wasn't legit and seems confusing to me ?

Thanks for the mssages

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
The group 4P tells fisher body that the body being built get a radius rod plate for traction on higher performance cars...the 327 (non SS cars) cars only counted if they where 4 barrel higher horsepower 327’s with 4 speed transmissions.
All of the SS cars got the radius rods regardless if it was a 3 speed car or automatic.
Since your car has no designation in group 2 for a 4 speed..it had to be a SS to get Radius rod (4P on trim tag)

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
The tag is clear - it was not a 4 speed originally. It was column shifted with a powerglide or a 3-speed manual.
RS and SS350
What it is now is a different discussion...
Kurt S
CRG

CantRepeat

• View Profile
The group 4P tells fisher body that the body being built get a radius rod plate for traction on higher performance cars...the 327 (non SS cars) cars only counted if they where 4 barrel higher horsepower 327’s with 4 speed transmissions.
All of the SS cars got the radius rods regardless if it was a 3 speed car or automatic.
Since your car has no designation in group 2 for a 4 speed..it had to be a SS to get Radius rod (4P on trim tag)

It seems that some/most 2M powerglide automatics did not get the radius rod.

http://www.camaros.org/radiusrod.shtml

This Tech bulletin only references SS with 4 speeds, but my readings here point to were some cases where some automatics had them; possibly added to owner cars that brought them in for service and the dealer installed it on the automatic car.

http://www.camaros.org/pdf/TSB_67-T-30.pdf

My 67 SS/RS convertible with powerglide does not have a radius rod.
-Tim
67 RS/SS Vert C-1 797-Z LOS 11B
EXDL 2EMGR 3SL
4P

anything