Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Does anybody know about this front convertible top bow "wedge"?

(1/4) > >>

bowtie68iho:
I bought this used convertible top bow "wedge" from Larry Christiansen many years ago to put on my Legends Class 68 Camaro RS/SS convertible.  I never asked him about the part, just installed it per Larry's recommendation.  Fast forward to today.  I plan on having a draftsman draw a blueprint of it so one of the aftermarket parts places can reproduce it.  However, I never found out its part number, group number, or description from Larry.  I just sent him an e-mail inquiring as to its details.  In the meantime, I wanted to ask CRG members if they have any details about the part.  Two of the photos attached are of the part installed on original cars, the remaining two photos are of the cleaned part that I bought from Larry just before being installed on my car.  The part requires two forged (not commercial flat-head) tacks...they resemble miniature railroad spikes.

Petes L48:
The Body By Fisher Service manual has pretty good details in the "Folding Top" section, so maybe check for it there.  I don't recall those on my 67 but it's undergoing restoration so can't check.       

67CruiseMaster:
Those weren't on my 67 Vert when I disassembled the original top.

67conv6cyl:
I also do not have that part on my 67 top.

KevinW:
I have not seen them on any 69 vert I have or have seen.  What do you think it's function is?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page