Author Topic: Power Valves  (Read 333 times)

rszmjt

• View Profile
Re: Power Valves
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2020, 02:09:16 PM »
I Hope the lapping works for you, itís a good idea, Iíve never tried that. When I worked at the Corvette/Camaro Restoration shop for 20 years we tried many sets of stainless lines brake & fuel from different vendors, but never had a lot of success with them. They always seemed to leak or sweat. We finally quit buying them and only ordered and Recomended original type lines. Most of the time they were nut & bolt restorations and stainless looked wrong anyway. Fuel is bad enough but brake fluid takes paint off, a lot of customers were not very happy when that happened. Good Luck & keep us updated.
Cheers.
Mike

Henry Cloutier

• View Profile
Re: Power Valves
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2020, 08:12:39 PM »
Thanks Mike,

Will do on the updates. I need her running again. I thought the stainless would look a little more attractive which is why I picked it. I knew when I bought the car she needed a little TLC so here I am. It's been awhile since I owned the 68 and for sure have not kept up with the classics. Trial by fire as they say so I learn from you all every chance I get. I had a timeline in my head what should come first, second etc, so now with the fuel leaks experienced needed to change the order. Much to do yet, 1 step at a time!

Thanks for all info provided and look forward to much more!

Hank

anything