Author Topic: seafrost green with ivy gold int  (Read 6430 times)

GIBSTER

• View Profile
seafrost green with ivy gold int
« on: April 01, 2007, 03:07:55 PM »
My 1968 was originally a seafrost green exterior with an ivy gold interior, all was changed before I got it. In my mind I would think these two would clash. Does anyone have pictures of this combination they could post or send to me ? as I'm thinking about going back original.

ggtsvnv

• View Profile
Re: seafrost green with ivy gold int
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 08:38:15 PM »
 I don't have a photo but I used to have a friend who had a 68  with that combination and it actually looked really good. The Ivory gold is kind of a greenish color it's not really a white or gold color.

GIBSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 02:39:31 AM »
I hope so, just was hoping someone had a picture they could post. never have seen one with that combo yet, even googled it. nothing. Thanks for your response.
                                                   Darryl

ggtsvnv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 03:17:41 AM »
 If you look for the 67-68 Camaro reference book by John R. Hooper ISBN0-9633802-4-9 or if you can pick up the dealers brochure it will show the color of the interior. It is one of those interiors that unless someone is going back to stock people change out (most people don't like green interiors). That is one thing I think that would make it kind of neat to have becasue you wont see many of them. The seafrost I think is a good looking color when nice a shinney. My 67 is butternut with a black deluxe which everyone likes but you will find a lot of them. I get more comments on the color of my 71 SS350 which is white with black vinyl top and a White/Black houndstooth looking deluxe interior becasue you don't see them as often. Either way good luck

jeff68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 11:59:44 PM »
It should be an interesting color combination.  My 68 was originally Ash Gold exterior with an Ivy Gold interior.  The interior & exterior matched almost perfectly.  The Seafrost Green exterior may look a little funky next to the Ivy Gold, but it will certainly be less funky on a hardtop vs. a convertible.  FYI, all reproduction Ivy Gold interior pieces do not really match the original Ivy Gold color.  I finally gave up and went with a black houndstooth interior.
68 L30/M20 Convertible, Ash Gold
N10, F41, N34, Z21, ZJ9, Z87, D55, G80, P01, U17

GIBSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 02:38:48 AM »
Was It really that far off from original? more gold? or more green?

jeff68

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 12:19:14 PM »
The PUI upholstery is very gold compared to the original color.  The Distinctive Industries upholstery is a little on the green side and the color was not dark enough.  It also looked 'flat' whereas the original upholstery almost has a slight metallic look to it.
68 L30/M20 Convertible, Ash Gold
N10, F41, N34, Z21, ZJ9, Z87, D55, G80, P01, U17