Author Topic: Trunk mat, paint, cocktail shakers preparation  (Read 1473 times)

DROPTOPtimes2

• View Profile
Trunk mat, paint, cocktail shakers preparation
« on: September 08, 2020, 12:02:18 AM »
I’m helping my Dad finish a 69 pace restoration that has been underway for over 30 years and I’m in need of some guidance on the trunk. I’ve just blasted and painted the shakers semi gloss.  The rest of the trunk is ready to be painted. This is a numbers matching restoration with the original engine, transmission, rear end etc. it is a 396/325 4 speed with ac. It is a Norwood car with a 03D build date. We are trying to keep the car original/numbers matching as much as we can within reason. We are looking to have the following questions answered.

We currently do not have a trunk mat and do not know if the car originally came with one. Should this car have one?  If yes, How do we know and can a good quality reproduction be had anywhere?
What is the color of the splatter paint?  Aqua black? What should and shouldn’t be installed when the splatter paint is applied? 
How do we obtain the paint and what type of gun or application requirements are there?
Anything else?
Thanks!

x66 714

• View Profile
Re: Trunk mat, paint, cocktail shakers preparation
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 01:01:29 AM »
Welcome aboard. The car should've had a trunk mat because it has deluxe interior. I'll let others answer your others as I don't want to guess....Joe 
See America's First, Chevrolet

1968 Z/28 Corvette Bronze. Black Hounds Tooth. 02E Los Angeles born 3/13/1968 pnt OO. Purchased March 1976
1969 SS396 Yellow/Yellow 08E Norwood born 8/28/1969 pnt 76E. Purchased April 1981

Petes L48

• View Profile
Re: Trunk mat, paint, cocktail shakers preparation
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 02:44:11 AM »
This CRG report is a really good read.  Under the Fisher Body - Paint Shop Operations section it tells how the rear ballasts were suspended in the trunk and spatter painted before later installation. 

http://www.camaros.org/assemblyprocess.shtml