Author Topic: Hello newbie here.  (Read 6729 times)

Old Man

• View Profile
Hello newbie here.
« on: April 24, 2007, 02:17:09 AM »
Hello this is my first post on this board. I just picked up this 69 Camaro this past weekend. I have a couple of questions on the cowl tag information. So far I've figured out that my car is a 69 Norwood car, it's an X-11 code 53-50 paint code with standard buckets. What does the "TR" infront of the 715 indicate and what does the "09C" below that mean? Thanks

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello newbie here.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 02:30:30 AM »
TR is trim, and 09C is the build date of the car, 9=Sept and C=3rd week of the month.

JM

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 02:32:05 AM »
The TR is to denote the trim code, which is 715 (blue standard) in your case.  The 09C is the date code, which is the 3rd week of September.
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

Old Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 02:59:31 AM »
Thanks guys, I just figured it out on .org.  I've got the cowl tag and VIN info but where do I find the build info? This car doesn't have a door tag?

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 04:19:27 AM »
Old Man -

Beautiful car!  Here's a link which will help you decode anything on your trim plate:

http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#CowlTag

I've got the cowl tag and VIN info but where do I find the build info? This car doesn't have a door tag?

As far as any build info, that would be on the Protect-O-Plate (POP) inside the original warranty book if you have it.  It's very rare for the POP to still be with the car 38 years later.  It's also possible to have a build sheet "hidden" somewhere in the car.  The build sheet is very, very rare to find, especially if your car has been restored.   :)

Paul

Old Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 01:56:09 PM »
Old Man -

Beautiful car!  Here's a link which will help you decode anything on your trim plate:

http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#CowlTag

I've got the cowl tag and VIN info but where do I find the build info? This car doesn't have a door tag?

As far as any build info, that would be on the Protect-O-Plate (POP) inside the original warranty book if you have it.  It's very rare for the POP to still be with the car 38 years later.  It's also possible to have a build sheet "hidden" somewhere in the car.  The build sheet is very, very rare to find, especially if your car has been restored.   :)

Paul

The POP is in the glove box, I was looking at it last night. It's hard to read, looks like it's printed backwards.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 04:06:59 PM »
The POP is in the glove box, I was looking at it last night. It's hard to read, looks like it's printed backwards.

You lucky dog!!   :)

Here's the link on how to decode your POP:

http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#POPCodes

Paul

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 05:06:24 AM »
So, what's the engine code from the POP?
Kurt S
CRG

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 09:01:24 AM »
So, what's the engine code from the POP?

Kurt -

The engine code off the POP per one of his other threads is T0909DC (307 cid/200 hp w/ PowerGlide).

Paul

anything