Author Topic: YouTube video about 1967 Camaro RS  (Read 1265 times)

camaro cat

• View Profile
YouTube video about 1967 Camaro RS
« on: August 29, 2020, 11:02:35 PM »
I just thought I would let anyone who is interested know about YouTube videos, 4 currently,  being posted by a YouTuber, "WatchJRGO", with ~250,000 subscribers and ~125000 viewers of this particular video. He has acquired a 1967 Camaro RS with Powerglide to do a somewhat strange conversion on. The car's body, while it has some rust, doesn't look that bad although the paint is dull. However, he is going to replace most of that sheet metal. But first, the Powerglide is rebuilt and then he wants to mate it up to a new generation LS motor. I'm not sure how that will work or what I think about it as this is far removed from where my mind goes when thinking about Camaros. But it is his car and he can do what he wants. At the end of the second episode he did look the removed 327 over and did say what he did see and that he found no serial #'s, but what he did find on the pad was V1214ME which, if I can decode correctly, is a 210 hp 2 barrel 327 built at the Flint V8 plant on the 14th of Dec, 1966, and installed with a Powerglide in a Camaro. Color is black, but when he opened the door, it looked to me like the jambs were a lighter color. Car was originally sold new by Van Chevrolet in Mission Kansas, which is the same dealer that originally sold my 1967 RS. I wish the detail of this car could be entered into the Database. The car looks to be equipped with RS, White custom interior, console with floor shift Powerglide; rear bumper guards, A/C, Power steering but manual drum brakes, & Deluxe Wheel are the options I can see, Depending on the original color, this looks to have been a nice, well-equipped car back in its day.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGlu2IppJmg&t=41s

What got me to look at this video in the first place is that I am rather addicted to watching Youtube videos of my favorite topics such as Cars, History, Coins, Agriculture, etc. and 2 other YouTubers who I watch almost all of and are associated with WatchJRGO are "Hoovies" Garage & the "Car Wizard". Tyler Hoover or "Hoovie" portrays himself as the dumbest YouTube channel in all of YouTube, which he obviously is not, but is entertaining to me. His main mechanic is the Car Wizard who I do enjoy listening to about how to solve car issues. Both, however, seem to lean toward European Luxury & Sportscars. Too many Bentley, Rolls Royce, Mercedes Benz, Audi & BMW cars. I've learned that I would never want almost all of them because of the high initial cost that depreciates very rapidly and they are extremely expensive to repair. Because of that, I first thought both must be on one of the coasts and was stunned to learn later that I am only a half-hour from the Wizard and have met him in person actually & Hoover, who is an hour south of me in Wichita KS. WatchJRGO is about a short hour east of Hoover and part of the reason I took an interest in watching the YouTube video about the 67 Camaro and part of why I religiously watch Hoovie & the Wizard.

I'd be curious to hear back about others' thoughts & opinions.

Loren
Loren
1967 RS L30 10C LOS
1969 SS/RS L78 02D NOR

anything