Author Topic: 1969 RS Headlight Sytem  (Read 1571 times)

HOT3O2

• View Profile
1969 RS Headlight Sytem
« on: August 04, 2020, 04:35:16 PM »
I’m redoing my RS headlight system in my car a use wondering what some of you would recommend for a kit to purchase. I’m sure I’m going need all the bushings, maybe some screws / bolts, hoses. Are there different kits Depending on what is needed? Also is there any type diagram of the system that list all the parts that’s available? Thanks for any help you can provide.  Rick
Rick
69 RS/Z28

169INDY

• View Profile
Re: 1969 RS Headlight Sytem
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 05:49:25 PM »
When I rebuilt my system years ago, I found a combination of resources were helpful in tandem.
Detail photos, Hand assembly and disassy order (Separate Left from Right) and stack-notes and drawings/sketches, AIM Z22 section, Mfr Repop instruction sheets & a out of production Gage & RS pamphlet from Classic Camaros (80's). Another concern was resisting the wholesale rip-out and throw away, some minor existing parts (T's, wave washers & wraps etc) were better cleaned up evaluated and reused. I have noticed that the 1980's kits the hoses tend to continual split down a molding seam causing continual frustration from leaks, I look forward to also hearing for others if the Hose kit quality has increased.
Work slow and deliberately, Others will also be able to get into the level of detail you might seek, down to the direction the over  center spring is to face   LoL
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

HOT3O2

• View Profile
Re: 1969 RS Headlight Sytem
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 07:12:00 PM »
Thanks Jim, I appreciate the info.
Rick
69 RS/Z28