Author Topic: Rebuilding original fuel pump?  (Read 3970 times)

Mr12771

• View Profile
Rebuilding original fuel pump?
« on: March 26, 2007, 05:54:19 PM »
Has anyone tried to rebuild there original fuel pump?  Where can I get the parts/ kit to do it? Should I just buy a new one and swap out the bottom half?  Or is there anyone/ place that rebuilds them.  

Mike

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuilding original fuel pump?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 02:56:44 AM »
Just buy the Goat Hill Classics pump.  Rick's has them.  They are very nice and right on the money.  I don't know of anyone who fools with rebuilding the sealed style original pumps.

Jerry

Mr12771

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 03:59:29 AM »
The problem I have with that is they don't list one for the early 40503 pumps with the 5/16 line. It's not a big deal I have a pump that works just fine. It's not correct but works.  I just came across the original pump I took off the car years ago and thought it would be neat to rebuild it and put it back on. Thank you for your response I wondered how those new pumps are.

Mike

sd1968z28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 01:29:58 PM »
i rebuilt one for a 57 chev one time, worked great in south dakota.  delivered car to california and reformulated gas ate the rubbers up very shortly.  lessen learned either way, make sure pump is sutuble for ethonol and other type of reformulated gas.