Author Topic: 68 camaro SS convertible wth 2 HG code Firebird steel rims from factory?  (Read 1730 times)

ms69z28rs

• View Profile
Hi all, I have an all original 68 camaro SS convertible, that’s been sitting since 1976, I was looking at the date codes on the rims and 2 of them are a HG code, (68 Firebird) not FC as they should be, and both are the same exact date, my question is since they are built at the same plant could these be original to the car, or has anyone seen this before.

Thanks Michael

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
Only Van Nuys built F bodies came off the same assembly line in 1968... was your car built in Van Nuys?

James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

ms69z28rs

• View Profile
Thanks for responding James, my car was built in Norwood, so I guess you answered my question, it just seems odd that the rims would be replaced, it only has 71k original miles on it, and was only on the road for 8 years, unless the previous owner put the steel wheels on it for storage. So my next question is should I assume it originally had steel wheels and not rally wheels, I would prefer Rally wheels, than having to deal with hub caps, but I would like to put on what it had originally, but I don’t have any documentation to prove what it had, so any suggestions?

Thanks, Michael

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
What's the codes and dates on the other three wheels?
Kurt S
CRG

anything