Author Topic: Teal blue 68 SS Camaro convertible 4 speed barn find  (Read 2292 times)

ms69z28rs

• View Profile
Teal blue 68 SS Camaro convertible 4 speed barn find
« on: April 10, 2020, 12:08:53 AM »
Hi all, I just purchased a teal blue 68 Camaro SS convertible, from a friend, which he purchased from a good friends widow, it’s been sitting since 1976, still has the 1976 PA inspection on the glass, with the mileage on it, it’s a true time capsule, the white top is dirty but is in great shape, it does need a restoration though, it had a bag of salt in the drivers side trunk to add weight for winter, so there is some damage on the rear quarter, but the trunk is good, I have a lot of pics, but I don’t think I can post any being a newbie. The only parts that I see that were replace was the alternator and the carburetor, not sure why a car only 8 years on the road would have them changed out. It still has all the smog as well. I think this car would be a good source of history. Thanks Michael

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Teal blue 68 SS Camaro convertible 4 speed barn find
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 12:58:57 AM »
Send me some pics. I will resize and post them. 
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

bowtie68iho

• View Profile
Re: Teal blue 68 SS Camaro convertible 4 speed barn find
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 09:52:17 PM »
ms69z28rs,

Can you e-mail me photos of the following:

Spare tire set up (to include any wrench, wing nut, j-bolt, and retainer), well liner (both sides, vinyl topside and white fleece underside), plastic rear window manufacturer's embossing (to include a date code), all edges/sides of trunk mat (if there is one) to show cut-outs and any embossed part numbers/codes, and sound deadener under trunk mat (if there is one).

My e-mail: bernard.mcdonald@me.com

Thanks!
68 NOR SS/RS L48/M35 Convertible
Cordovan Maroon - Special Paint Exterior (black stripes)
Black Custom Interior
Silver Concours (Legends Class) at 2012 Camaro Nationals, Gold Concours at 2014 MCACN.

anything