Author Topic: Pass. Tag info / Build Sheet Info  (Read 9595 times)

GMS

Pass. Tag info / Build Sheet Info
« on: March 25, 2007, 03:49:56 PM »
 I know this a camaro site. and I've got alot of great  info for my 69 RS Z/28 from you guys. But I found an old Impala (barn find,) and I have'nt been able to find any sites like this one on Impalas. So if anyone know of any Links or books I would  appreciate it. I'll go ahead and list Tag info just in case someone is also Passanger car guru.
05c
164877Y193536
6716487  BW21567
814L           KK
0460  B80

I know its a 67 2Dr spt coupe built in wilmington delaware 3rd week of May. Black bench seat interior. Turquise Exterior
Has original 283 2bbl PG w/add on AC and I found that the B80 is Roof Drip Moulding on build sheet
Still trying to find out what the 0460 means.
Build sheet also shows RPO's A02 Tinted windsheild, N30 Dlx Steering wheel, N40 Pow Steering, P01 Whl Covers, U23 Ig Sw light, U25 Cmpt Light, U27 Glove box Lamp, U35 Clock, & U63 Radio,dr jam sw, roof rail lp.

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
Re: Pass. Tag info / Build Sheet Info
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:14:26 PM »
GMS

There is a site called www.Impalas.net. Not if it is as active as this site.
Good Luck!

dab67

GMS

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 11:25:23 PM »
Thanks for the site. I'll check it out.

tar6569

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 11:59:55 PM »
Hi GMS, I am the tech guy on the impalas.net site and am 1/3rd of the impala database.
The 0460 is some kind of internal plant code probably for tracking the car on the assembly line.  It is referred to on your build sheet as "B RUN" in box 107.  The car with the vin consecutive to yours would most likely have a consecutive B RUN number.  Could you send me a picture of the build sheet for reference?  My email is Tranenut@juno.com
Sounds like a neat car and its great to find the build sheet.  If you keep looking, you will probably find build sheets up under the hood insulation and under the front and back rear seats and in the back of the back seat.  There may be one in the back of the front seat but I would only look in there if you were going to redo the seats.  You may even find a build sheet from a car build just before yours.
I have a lot of experience with Wilmington, DE cars.
Warren
Warren

1964-1970 fullsize Chevrolet research

GMS

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 01:37:43 AM »
Sure, I can do that. The 0460 is on the sheet. Dont know how I missed it. I did find 2 build sheets, one under rear seat and one in back of rear seat. Took seat out to look in trunk (no keys) Car has not been driven since 92. Owner passed away. and neice has no idea where keys are. was looking for key No.s on build sheet. But no luck. Car is completly original. Correct GF 283, Alt, Dist.,even has 67 plug wires still on it. 50,000 miles. I'll know more when I get it home.
Thanks and I'll try to get the build sheet to you tomorrow.

tar6569

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 04:05:23 AM »
Wilmington build sheets do not have the key numbers on them.  Sometimes, the key numbers are written on the owners manual or protection plan but they probably are not with the car, right?.
Warren
Warren

GMS

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 09:18:13 PM »
Havent seen owners manual yet. but neice says she has manual and will look more for the keys. I see box 110 has Protect-o-Plate but it is a blank box,should POP be with manual

tar6569

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 07:27:12 PM »
The protectoplate may be with the owners manual.

Got the build sheets and it looks good.  Where are you located?  You don't see many Wilmington, DE cars delivered to Ohio originally.  I think the only dealer to get Wilmington cars in Ohio were zone 13 dealers.  I have also seen a Wilmington car delivered to TN.

Warren
Warren

GMS

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 10:37:02 PM »
I see Steubenville is in zone 13. Should have the car here in the shop in a few days. If you'd like me to check out anything. let me know. Be  more than happy to help out. Im sure I'll have a few more questions.

GMS

tar6569

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 06:02:30 PM »
Yeah, the zone 13 office was in Pittsburg, PA.  Close to the Ohio border.
When you have the car in the shop, you should look under the front bench seat and up under the hood insulation.  You may find more copies of the build sheet.  I have found up to four build sheets in one Wilmington car and have found three in a car from Wilmington and none of them were for the car I found them in but for the three cars built consecutively before it.

Warren
Warren

GMS

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 01:58:15 AM »
Warren
 Got the car home tonight. Along with Owners Manual, GM bill of sale from Reilly Chev-Cad Co. (sold for $3334.60) 1967 custom feature optional accessories book, In the original plastic bag. No POP. The build sheet is blank in the POP box 110. So did the car have a POP. Also what is C00L 9192 in box 102.
Hav'nt done much  I did get in the trunk, looks really good along edges I didnt pull mat up completely for fear of ripping it. Had one of the wheels off and it has a CA Label stuck to the brake drum.
 Pretty excited about this one.

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 05:55:02 PM »
Hi GMS, I am the tech guy on the impalas.net site and am 1/3rd of the impala database.
The 0460 is some kind of internal plant code probably for tracking the car on the assembly line.  It is referred to on your build sheet as "B RUN" in box 107.  The car with the vin consecutive to yours would most likely have a consecutive B RUN number.  Could you send me a picture of the build sheet for reference?  My email is Tranenut@juno.com
Sounds like a neat car and its great to find the build sheet.  If you keep looking, you will probably find build sheets up under the hood insulation and under the front and back rear seats and in the back of the back seat.  There may be one in the back of the front seat but I would only look in there if you were going to redo the seats.  You may even find a build sheet from a car build just before yours.
I have a lot of experience with Wilmington, DE cars.
Warren
Hi Warren,

Since this thread is sort of old I don't feel too horribly about high jacking it...It is a long story but the long and short of it is that a good friend of mine is trying to help the widow of his best friend decide what to do with the departed's '66 Impala.  I would like your input on the numbers form this car.  I am going to post the photos and data here so as to take advantage of the collective knowledge on this site.
Here is what I have so far:

Which I break down as follows:
16837 = 2 door sport coupe, Impala SS V-8
6 = 1966
C = Southgate CA

02C = Built third week of  February
 66-16837 = 1966 Impala SS, V-8
BC = Southgate, CA plant
7829 = Internal scheduling/reference ??
813 = Black interior
KK = Mediaum Turquoise/Artesian Turquoise paint
C60 = AC

3855961 = 65-66 passenger 396 CID, 325 HP 2-bolt block, also 66 Chevelle 396 CID 325, 360 HP, 2-bolt block

TIII7IN = Tonawanda, November 17 ... Suffix = 1966 passenger 396CID 325 HP TH w/ A.I.R.
 The next stamping seems very odd...but to me it looks as if the block carries factory broach marks.  The TH-400 is still on the car haven't pulled any numbers from it.

So, does this engine seem like the "born with" power plant for this car? 
Should the car have a 12 bolt or 10 bolt?  (curently has 10 - bolt (based upon rear cover config)

the car has a decent interior and is fairly straight although now in white.  Engine compartment is messy and th most of the AC is gone (firewall suitcase is extant as are the internal controls but everything else is gone)

Can you give me a ball park figure on valuation on such a car?  I am trying to help my friend help the widow and her children - honest.  they are hoping to cover funeral costs and then some with the sale of the car.

any insight appreciated - from anyone

I'll drop an email as well,

thanks

tar6569

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 08:21:06 PM »
Warren
 Got the car home tonight. Along with Owners Manual, GM bill of sale from Reilly Chev-Cad Co. (sold for $3334.60) 1967 custom feature optional accessories book, In the original plastic bag. No POP. The build sheet is blank in the POP box 110. So did the car have a POP. Also what is C00L 9192 in box 102.
Hav'nt done much  I did get in the trunk, looks really good along edges I didnt pull mat up completely for fear of ripping it. Had one of the wheels off and it has a CA Label stuck to the brake drum.
 Pretty excited about this one.

Yes, it had to have had a pop at some point.  Most of the protectoplate sections on the build sheet along that bottom line (below the options listings) are not filled in.  They only filled in the beginning of the vin, trim, paint and protectoplate options because that was all that was known when it was printed.  Not sure what the COOL is yet but I've seen it before on other build sheets.  Wonder where the pop went after all these years.  Sounds like a great project.  Could you send me a picture of the GM bill of sale?  My email is Tranenut@juno.com

Thanks, Warren
Warren