Author Topic: Good Bye Street Rodder Magazine  (Read 2080 times)

joesauer

• View Profile
Good Bye Street Rodder Magazine
« on: January 16, 2020, 02:33:12 AM »
Just got a letter from TEN Publishing that they are discontinuing the paper version of Street Rodder magazine a/o 1/2020.  Apparently they have or will shortly kill off the paper version of 19 total automotive magazines.  Don't know about you, but I prefer paper versions of car magazines vs going on line (digital versions).  Oh well, looks like Hot Rod mag. will still be around (at least for now).

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Re: Good Bye Street Rodder Magazine
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 01:59:24 PM »
I have a feeling this will go the way of the supposedly last convertible ( 76 Eldorado ), only to have a Chrysler K car vert. come along within a few short years after. And, the phonograph (turntable to my generation) and records making a comeback. Everything in this country seems to wax nostalgia and comeback for a resurgence. Not sure that will happen in my lifetime, but I predict that after awhile of internet only publications, a trend will to go back to magazines, except by then, all paper mills will have shut down, environmentalists will ban the harvesting of forests and magazines will me made in China with more misspellings and errors of fact than ever.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
Re: Good Bye Street Rodder Magazine
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 02:19:09 PM »
Here is what I posted on another car site concerning the discontinued magazines:
"Boys,
Remember its all about money. Lack of newsstand/retail sales, subscriptions and especially advertising dollars are dwindling, lack of editorial content, printing costs/mailing costs, you get the picture. Also, take in consideration, this automotive stuff is a dying breed. Kids today just don't care. Their interests are tweets, selfies, the internet, boom-boom/rap music, Marvel Hero movies, etc not cars."

Just another T/A fanatic. Current lifelong projects:
1968 Olds 442 W-30
1969 Mustang Fastback w a Can-Am 494 (Boss 429)

anything