Author Topic: Color Photo of Multiple 1967 Indy 500 Pace Cars at Oaklandon Chevrolet 1967  (Read 1754 times)

SMKZ28

• View Profile
Here is a fantastic vintage color picture of several 1967 Camaro Indy Pace Cars sitting out front of Oaklandon Chevrolet Pontiac in 1967.  I thought I had posted it here before but I could not find the thread so here it is. 

So many cool things in this picture:

Notice the convertible directly below the "CHEVROLET" sign on the building. It has mag wheel covers, white wall tires, a door decal and what looks to be a BLACK nose stripe if you compare it to the blue nose stripe on the car directly in front of it!!!

Notice that only two of the four cars that appear in the front line have the medallion on the rear quarter panel.

Notice the signs on the windows. One says "CAMARO THE PACE CAR!" Another says "Welcome! the 500 SALE IS ON" The sign above the door has a blue Chevy bow-tie and the word "CAMARO" in red.

Notice the Camaro on the right side of the picture with the standard wheel covers and the door decal! It is missing a nose stripe!  It might even be a coupe but I'm not sure.

I found the picture in a website for Alex Beloff III. It states that he was the top salesman at the dealer in the mid 60's.  Click on the following link, scroll down, and click on the picture to see a larger version: http://alexbeloff3.com/appearance-is-vital/

Scott
I don't have a 1st Gen but I have 1971 Z28 RS 4-spd, 1997 Z28 Z4C 6-spd, 2000 SS Convertible, 2010 RS 6-spd

ZLP955

• View Profile
That would've been a sight to see!
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
I think it's the coupe. All the other cars have the tops down.
Kurt S
CRG