Author Topic: Rear interior panel trim screws.  (Read 2244 times)

manyc

• View Profile
    • Relic Recyclery
Rear interior panel trim screws.
« on: November 06, 2019, 08:31:33 PM »
When I got my 67 RS/SS Conv the interior had been gutted since it spent most of its life as a drag car. The original rear interior trim panels (aka armrest panels) were long gone, but the trim screws were left installed. The screws that were there are not the kind I am used to seeing.  They were the ones on the right in the picture below.  I am used to seeing them with chrome washers with a wave on them like the ones on the left.
Are they supposed to be like the ones on the right or the left for my Norwood 06C convertible ? 

Note: The other pictures show where I found them.  I only have 6.

any insight ?

thanks
Chris

Obsessed amature restorer. Cars include 1969 Firebird 350 Conv, 1967 Camaro RS/SS conv Blue-Topper, several limited edition 1969 Mustangs, Panther Pink 1970 Challenger, 1963 Jaguar E-Type.

"If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can!"

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: Rear interior panel trim screws.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 09:01:13 PM »
 I just checked my 67 05B NOR convertible and the one pictured on the left is correct.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 01:29:43 AM »
I agree the one on the left is correct..that’s looks like the original ones on my 67 convertible.

manyc

• View Profile
    • Relic Recyclery
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 03:21:55 PM »
Ok, I'll buy that as my 69 Firebird Conv also has the ones on the left.  That doesn't really explain how I ended up with 6 of the other ones on my 67 Camaro.

I seem to recall that when I restored my 69 Firebird 20+ years ago that the screws in the back bottom corners obscured by the seats where different than the others. more like the ones on the right.  Of course I replaced all of the screws back then, so no hopes of verifying my memory in that regard.

The picture below indicates the area that I am referring to. 

Thanks for your replies to my post.
-Chris

Obsessed amature restorer. Cars include 1969 Firebird 350 Conv, 1967 Camaro RS/SS conv Blue-Topper, several limited edition 1969 Mustangs, Panther Pink 1970 Challenger, 1963 Jaguar E-Type.

"If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can!"

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 07:02:01 PM »
Could be. And you can use them there and noone will notice. :)
But I'd expect that on a panel like that, all the screws installed at the same time would look the same.
Kurt S
CRG

anything