Author Topic: 1967 Camaro RS turn signal/ 4 way flashers/brake lights  (Read 3144 times)

Butternut1967

• View Profile
1967 Camaro RS turn signal/ 4 way flashers/brake lights
« on: October 27, 2019, 04:20:27 AM »
Hello, having an issue with my turn signals, four way flashers and brake lights. They did work a few months ago. The running lights function properly. I've checked all bulbs individually with a power source and they are good, not surprising, as running lights work.
At the harness under the steering column I have power at the grey wire (column shift indicator light) when lights are on. CORRECT. I have power at the black wire (horn), when grounded horn works. CORRECT. I have power at the purple wire (with ignition on) power from hazard signal flasher. I have power at the brown wire (with ignition on) power from turn signal flasher. I have no power at dark green (rr turn signal) or yellow (lr turn signal) dark blue (rf turn signal) or light blue (lf turn signal). I do have power at the white wire when I press the brake pedal (power from brake light switch). CORRECT.
Any ideas on where to go next?
1967 Camaro RS/SS Convertible 11A WXDL 2ELGR 3SL 4P 5Y
Rebuilding of 1967 RS headlight motors

Butternut1967

• View Profile
Re: 1967 Camaro RS turn signal/ 4 way flashers/brake lights
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 11:53:44 PM »
I did more investigation by disassembling the steering column to reveal the switch. If I manually use power at each connection at the switch I can make the turn signals work. So I'm leaning towards the 4 way flasher portion of the turn signal switch being faulty. Any thoughts?

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 06:32:24 PM »
If I manually use power at each connection at the switch I can make the turn signals work.
Is there power coming into the switch?  You are putting power on the downstream (after) side of the switch and the lights work? But just activating the switch, the lights don't work even though there is power upstream?
If all are yes, then the switch appears to be bad.
Kurt S
CRG

Butternut1967

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 09:37:21 PM »
I know I'm ages late with an answer. I found that one of the screws I installed to hold the deluxe interior rear seat panel on the drivers side had pierced a wire in the rear turn signal harness and grounded out the signal switch. I repaired the wiring in the rear seat and installed a new turn signal switch and problem solved.

anything