Author Topic: Body Dimensions  (Read 1758 times)

Roadent56

• View Profile
Body Dimensions
« on: July 25, 2019, 07:25:55 PM »
I have seen a couple of references to Datum and AIM information. Is there book or reference list out there that the surface plate inspectors would have used to check body tolerances? I'm welding on new cowl sides and the upper plenum. It already appears that one of the cowl sides is higher than it should be OR that end of the plenum is low. This is right where the two parts meet and only the upper half of the plenum appears incorrect relative to the cowl side. The lower surfaces glove fine at the reinforcement just above the kick panels. In other words I think the vertical fender mount bolt pad on the driver side is too low.
THANK YOU for any responses

ZLP955

• View Profile
Re: Body Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 10:16:44 AM »
I recalled asking about the body station datum points referenced in the Assembly Information Manual..... does this thread help at all? http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=11225
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

Roadent56

• View Profile
Re: Body Dimensions
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 06:17:03 PM »
Thank You! Yes it did. It led me to the AIM manual and the 67 Fischer Body manual.

After a couple of days worrying I finally just set the fender back on. Which showed me a little interference to the reinforcement in the fender it took a minor snip and grind to cure.

anything