Author Topic: Dual Fuel Lines  (Read 24351 times)

tim69camaro

• View Profile
Re: Dual Fuel Lines
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 12:18:01 AM »
The VIN on the cowl matches. I have never had the heat box out.

It has a single line sending unit also. The car did have the rear tail light panel replaced, this is the only panel that was changed before I owned it. I think it may be possible that the accident that caused this panel to be replaced could have also resulted in tank filler neck damage. It could have been replaced with one from a junk yard.
Tim Bailey

tim69camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 10:13:53 AM »
Yesterday I was able to get the car out with some better light. It appears the car did have dual fuel lines at one time. Some of the fuel line brackets obviously have extra room for the small return line. The bolts and clips have been out because a few clamps were not repositioned in the same spot, a mark was left from the original position on the undercoating/dirt. Also one small clip is near the rear where the small line was attached directly to the larger line.

The sending unit was also removed from the tank at some time previously. The retainer ring is really banged up.

It also has the bracket attcahed to the rear floor for dual exhaust.

I could not make out any crayon marks behind the rear seat. It has what appears to be a lot of glue for the rear package shelf cover. Much more glue that I have seen in other photos.

Thanks for all the great comments. I learned a lot.
Tim Bailey

click

• View Profile
    • Our 69 RS
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 07:14:19 PM »
Tim the bracket attached to the rear floor?? Original dual exhaust coupes have an extra bracket welded to the 'frame' itself not the floor. Its behind the real wheel at about 1 o'clock on the frame rail with 2 holes thru it.  If yours is just a bracket bolted to the floor, its not original dual exhaust.
Click is Jim , central Minn.  Moderator at Team Camaro www.camaros.net

tim69camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2007, 01:32:35 AM »
I saw the one on the floor. I will look for the one on the frame rail.
Tim Bailey

tim69camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 01:02:07 AM »
It has both the floor bracket and the bracket on the outside of the left rear frame rail.
Tim Bailey

DeanZ10

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 02:11:12 AM »
Just want a clarification. I looked in the AIM book. Is the J50 option power drum brakes? It shows the brake braket on the side of the frame. If this is correct, is this the only application that this side mount was used? Was there any difference of the mounting bracket location between small block disk and big block disk cars?
Thanks
Dean

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 03:04:06 PM »
J50 was just power assist added to the standard (drum) brakes; both manual and power drum brakes used the bracket on the side of the frame rail. J52 Power Disc brakes used the bracket on top of the frame rail, regardless whether they were on a small-block or a big-block. The type of brake (drum or disc) determined the location of the bracket, not the engine.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

anything