Author Topic: 1969 Z28 Brake Booster clevice alignment procedure  (Read 1981 times)

dbaker55

• 412-477-0843
    • View Profile
1969 Z28 Brake Booster clevice alignment procedure
« on: June 07, 2019, 02:50:23 AM »
I have my 1969 Z28 master cylinder, booster, and hold valve being restored by Whitepost in Virginia. I sent them the entire unit bolted together just as I removed it. I forgot to measure the clevice rod length before I shipped it to them. Could anyone tell me the procedure for obtaining the proper clearance for the clevice to the brake pedal lower hole when I start to install it?.
1969 Z/28 Bought 2-8-2019

Pacecarjeff

• View Profile
    • pacecarjeff.com
Re: 1969 Z28 Brake Booster clevice alignment procedure
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 01:00:37 AM »
Install the Booster assembly first.
Go under the dash, and turn the push rod till the rod puts the clevis in the correct position for the pin to go through..
Tighten the nut so the clevis does not move.

The pedal should be high enough to push against the brake light switch.
Install your clevis pin, and use the special locking wedge retainer thingy.  You really don't want that part to come undone - EVER.
If needed you can adjust the light switch till you have your personal desired activation height..

Now with MC loosely in place - install the brake lines to the MC.  I like to have the lines in place before I bolt down the master cylinder. - just seems easier
Bleed the lines. Start the car check break pedal function.  Make sure your brake lights come on when you press the pedal, and make sure that your pedal does not hit the floor.  Check fluid level, and look for leaks.    Piece of cake....  ;)

uscrichter

• View Profile
Re: 1969 Z28 Brake Booster clevice alignment procedure
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 09:21:55 PM »
F.Y.I It is a good idea to bench bleed the MC before installation!

anything