Author Topic: Two Black 1969 Z28s!  (Read 19379 times)

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Two Black 1969 Z28s!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 07:45:21 PM »
Joe,

Hemet, CA?? Know where that is.  I hope it's north of S/D.  I don't mind saying that I hate driving in CA.  Or I should say sitting.  That's what you do out there.........sit on the highway, not drive.  All that beautilful weather is not worth the traffic and white knuckle driving to me. 

I wish I could have lived there when I was a teenager back in the '60s, and when there was less traffiic.  That would have been so cool, especially with my love for CA surf music.  All of the best rock n' roll bands were out there.  Lucky dogs!

Here's my cell, 443-838-2641.  I will be having dinner with one of my Stock Eliminator buddies, Chuck Norton one night but will be out there for three days.

Jerry 

sam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 12:00:26 AM »
Hey Jerry, Have you checked the traffic on the Beltway, 95 and around the DC area lately??? ??? At least in Southern Cal. there are things to look at while you are parked and sitting on the freeway!  Have a nice trip!!  Atco in 2 weeks.  Sam. ;D

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »
Joe,

Hemet, CA?? Know where that is.  I hope it's north of S/D.  I don't mind saying that I hate driving in CA.  Or I should say sitting.  That's what you do out there.........sit on the highway, not drive.  All that beautilful weather is not worth the traffic and white knuckle driving to me. 

I wish I could have lived there when I was a teenager back in the '60s, and when there was less traffiic.  That would have been so cool, especially with my love for CA surf music.  All of the best rock n' roll bands were out there.  Lucky dogs!

Here's my cell, 443-838-2641.  I will be having dinner with one of my Stock Eliminator buddies, Chuck Norton one night but will be out there for three days.

Jerry 

HEMMET IS NORTH AND EAST OF SAN DIEGO...sorry had my cap lock down.  You will be driving right by my neck of the woods, Vista.  If you leave the airport and take highway 8 east then merge on to hwy 163 north and that becomes I-15...traffic is pretty good on that route as long as you are not in rush hour(s) traffic (South bound in the morning and North bound in the evening). 

What days are you going to be out here?  I'm about 5 miles West of I-15.  My cell is 619-540-4537, perhaps we can catch lunch or something if your schedule allows it.

raffic in most large urban areas is pretty crappy these days...been to Seattle lately?  Used to be a breeze.  It's all relative anyway.  I grew up in a town (Anchorage, AK) where rush hour lasted less than an hour and being stuck in 15 mintues of traffic at 5pm was "really aggrevating".  I moved to CA in '88 and learned what real traffic was like.  I go home and lsited to my family complain about how bad it's gotten ..it's a breeze to me.  SD is a lot better than most of LA or all (except 280) of SF bay area...ever wait in south bound traffic on the Waldo grade head towards teh Golden Gate?  Of course SD is not what it was 11 years ag when I moved here. 

All things considered, Not winterizing your daily driver, not shovelling snow and not scrapping your windshield makes the traffic seem not so bad:-).

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 08:57:56 PM »
Joe,

Wrote your cell down, will call on thursday, that is when I make the trek.

JM

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 10:45:48 PM »
I'll look to hear from you.  Are you in SD the whole three days?  You mentioned Ontario earlier.  Hemet is sort of on the way to Ontario.

I did assumed that you were flying into SD...are you flying into Ontario?  LAX (that would suck if you are bound for Hemet)? Orange County (that would suck too)? 

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 11:26:54 PM »
Flying into Ontario Wed morning, will get a hotel room in Ont for two nights.  Early on Thursday morning, I plan to make the trip to Hemet, then trek back to Ont Thursday afternoon, I fly out on Friday morning.

JM

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 01:38:46 AM »
In that case we may miss each other entirely.  I made a bad assumption, that you would be flying into SD.  That would take you right by my place on your way to Hemet and back.  So given your path, it would be a fair piece out of your way to drop down here.  I'd say let's grab dinner but my daughters have an event at school Thursday night - I'll be tied up from about 3:30 on. 

So, if you are willing to drop on down to Vista and it isn't too late then I'd love to meet you...and we really do have a very cool and distinctly different Mexican restaurant here in Vista :D...Your call.  I am available pretty much all of Wednesday if you find yourself at loose ends.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 02:43:47 AM »
Let's see what happens, as usual, I'm always trying to put 20 lbs of shi..........inito a 5 lb bag on these trips.

We have each other's cell #s.

JM

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 03:31:50 AM »
I figured that you were most likely slammed for time...hope all went well. I hear that Gregg Lusher "talked" you into coming out to his place...Glad you could get that done for him.  LMK next time you are out this way...the offer still stands.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 03:56:17 AM »
Joe,

I will do that.  It was a fast paced trip to put it lightly.  Five cars in two days.  The good news I dodged all the traffic while I was there.  Weather was great. 

Lots of computer time now to write these damn reports!

Jerry

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2007, 04:29:47 AM »
Jerry -

The weather is always great out here, as are the cars!   ;D   ;D   ;D

Paul

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 04:06:37 PM »
Forgot to mention, how about the snakes!  When I was at Gregg's home, I was walking into his house and there was an 8-10' long brown snake on the steps of his porch.  It got my attention!  This thing was big and thick! 

I hate snakes!

Jerry 

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2007, 06:27:03 PM »
Forgot to mention, how about the snakes!  When I was at Gregg's home, I was walking into his house and there was an 8-10' long brown snake on the steps of his porch.  It got my attention!  This thing was big and thick! 

I hate snakes!

Jerry 

What!!  The Z/28 "guru" is afraid of Cobras!!  Don't let this get out CRG!   :D

Paul

RS/SS4speed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 07:27:41 PM »
What brought you to greggs house?  A JL8 with a trailer hitch? nice find Gregg!

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 10:27:49 PM »
I think Gregg is going to set this car up for towing his new RV.

JM