CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 03:11:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105618 Posts in 12334 Topics by 4753 Members
Latest Member: stpatrick
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  1969 camaro jack assembly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1969 camaro jack assembly  (Read 1600 times)
69er

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2007, 10:48:04 PM »

I saw a jack assembly listed on ebay that was reported as coming from an early camaro. The
ratchet assembly itself looks different than other jack assemblies that I have seen. Especially
where the ratchet attaches to the bumper. I have seen this type of jack one other time
in someones trunk.

Is this ratchet belong to another type of car, or did GM change the ratchet somewhere
during the year?

I have attached some photos.

Thanks 69er
DanZ10

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »

69er, I think that's a later model GM jack when they started putting a small (1/4" X 1 1/4") vertical hole in the bumpers to hook the jack into (around the time of introduction of the 15mph bumpers). 69's should have an upsidedown "C" shaped saddle to pick up on the bumper under the bumper mount. Someone probably has a good picture. Endura's also had a different saddle bracket than standard.
Chris_Pisane

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 05:40:13 PM »

This post caught my eye because it shows up as  Re: 1969 camaro jack ass. I was wondering who they were referring to. Ha Ha

Chris Pisane....Fathom green 69 z/28 ,Lemans blue 69 JL8 Z/28 http://cpisane.photosite.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: