Author Topic: Jerry MacNeish's Minnesota visit  (Read 6345 times)

KenBoje

• View Profile
Jerry MacNeish's Minnesota visit
« on: March 08, 2007, 05:59:49 AM »
I am a new member here, and commend the administrators of this site for a job well done. This is my first post, and hopefully, others may agree with my comments. For first generation Camaro owners, the database of the CRG is a wealth of information, and this forum a welcome addition.

This past afternoon and evening, March 7, I finally met and spent some time with a fellow who I owe alot to. I am sure many CRG members have gotten to know him, and many have met him. Although we have had many chats since the early 1990's, I have not had the opportunity to sit down and talk, and shake a hand. It was his early efforts almost 20 years ago in regards to the 1967 Z28 program, that spurred on my involvement with the 1967 Z28 Camaro. I have been fortunate to own 2 of these vehicles in my lifetime, and hope others can find one to call their own.

Jerry is one of the individuals who has given me pleasure to count myself a Camaro hobbyist. Early on, he had been enthusiastic and encouraging in regards to my own questions and needs to my restoration and operation of my cars. He continues with that same steady approach, giving sound advice, providing expert rebuilding service, and ribbing me as a good friend or buddy should.

My hat is off to you Jerry, for what you give to the Chevrolet Camaro and the owners of this fine vehicle. Thanks Jerry for the time for us to meet, even though you are on a tight schedule.

Ken Boje
Fred Gibb Chevrolet
1967 Z28 "Little Hoss"

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: Jerry MacNeish's Minnesota visit
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 06:39:20 AM »
I second that Ken!  From my very first post here ( http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=1539.0 ) to other CRG member's posts ( http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=1632.0 ) Jerry MacNeish (and others here at CRG) have help me to verify my Z/28 is not only the "real deal" but also extremely original.  So Jerry, I too thank you wholeheartedly!   ;)

Paul    

JoeC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 01:15:55 PM »
Hi Ken
that is a good first post.
always nice to see you and "little Hoss" at a show
JoeC

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 10:53:41 PM »
Thanks Ken,

Back home safe and sound.  Really enjoyed meeting you too.  Nice to put a name with a face.  You didn't tell everyone we were at the Outback.  Was a great time.  We talked about Camaros and ate steak.  Doesn't get any better than this.  No phones ringing in the background, no stress from the shop.

Hope to see you again soon,

Jerry

Lukes 69 z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 03:31:13 AM »
Jerry,the owner of the black 69 Z28 in Minnesota is a friend of mine .He called me up two nights before your arrival and said the King of camaros is comming to document my Z and that I should come over and meet you . I could not get off work at that time which I do regret.I was going to call Ken and tell him you were comming to town but I see he already knew.I am the owner of the 67 Z28 Tahoe Turquoise 03B camaro that was found in Iowa awhile back, its in your data base. I hope your visit to Minnesota was a good one and maybe you can return someday and document our collection of first gen Z28s. Take care,Mark and Luke

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 12:59:43 PM »
Mark & Luke,

I really enjoyed the trip last week.  Having dinner with Ken was great as I was finally able to put a name with a face.  We bench raced at the Outback for a couple of hours. 

I really liked Rapid City, SD.  The weather there last week was 66 degrees.  About 30 degrees warmer than Baltimore!  Beautiful town and I was able to get in a visit to Mt. Rushmore and the Crazy Horse mountain.  I had to idea that this part of the county was so beautiful.  There was still a lot of snow on the ground in MN when I arrived.  I would love to visit there when there is no snow on the ground with warm weather.  My wife and I travel through MN every Feb for the Buddy Holly weekend in Clear Lake, IA.

Hopefully I'll have a summer road trip back to MN soon.

Jerry

anything