Author Topic: Original 68 Camaro Dealer Promo Banner?  (Read 1949 times)

dalealan

• View Profile
Original 68 Camaro Dealer Promo Banner?
« on: March 25, 2019, 11:47:30 AM »
I purchased this many years ago on eBay. It was advertised as an original dealership promotional  item. I am unsure as to it's authenticity. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen anything like it before? It has some condition issues. It is dirty and the material is yellowed.  It looks original and old. But all of that could have been faked. If it were original and authentic any ideas of it's worth? Thanks in advance for an help you could give me.

68L30

• View Profile
Re: Original 68 Camaro Dealer Promo Banner?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 11:20:02 PM »
Wish I had more to add, I was in the hunt when it was on ebay....Great piece, Gotta be a story behind it.

Steve

SMKZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 02:40:09 AM »
I like how the picture on your Camaro wall hanging looks like a stylized version of the Interstate System shield/sign with to lanes of traffic for each side zooming off into the distance.   

I did a search of worthpoint.com and saw that a similar wall hanging was sold in March 2013 on Ebay but this one was for the 1968 Nova.  It also has a stylized road system going off into the distance although this one has bridges crossing it.
Scott
I don't have a 1st Gen but I have 1971 Z28 RS 4-spd, 1997 Z28 Z4C 6-spd, 2000 SS Convertible, 2010 RS 6-spd

dalealan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 04:02:47 AM »
Hey, Thanks so much for your reply and for posting the picture  That makes me feel much better with regard to it's authenticity!

anything