Author Topic: Removing quarter window  (Read 1936 times)

mdz

• View Profile
Removing quarter window
« on: March 14, 2019, 03:46:38 PM »
Need advice in removing quarter window and mechanism 1969 RS. I have the mechanism out but cant figure how to get the window out. Thanks in advance.

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: Removing quarter window
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 03:55:45 PM »
 My guess the process is the same for '67. On youtube there is a series by Scared Shiftless that has some excellent videos.
This one is for installing the quarter glass but maybe it will help to remove it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGY4-3_hoXc

Once the window felts are removed and the mechanics loosened (3 nuts), the window stop arm removed, the frame should move enough while working the glass rollers out of the tracks.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

mdz

• View Profile
Re: Removing quarter window
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 03:39:11 PM »
Thanks  Mike , after I posted this I went to utube thinking there wouldn't be anything so specific as 69 Camaro 1/4 window removal, but I was wrong . The first hit was exactly what I needed. It wasn't the video you posted, but it was dealing with removal only. The pass side came out without too much drama, but the drivers side was more stubborn . I think the key is turning the bottom track bolt in to get the track tilted just right. Thanks Mike and utube.

anything