Author Topic: Caveat Emptor...misleading statement  (Read 6034 times)

cook_dw

• View Profile
Re: Caveat Emptor...misleading statement
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 01:16:33 PM »
I think the car was nicely done.  Not in the way of originality but still clean.  Now idk what it looks like underneath but I'd assuming noting crazy.  I can't speak on the previous ad info as I didn't read it but the ad now reads ok to me.

X33RS

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »
Agree, clean car.  At least they put a silver grill in it  ;D   and $1400 worth of correct tires is nice.  I kind of like the tach and center fuel gauge, someone didn't actually add a console this time.  While the car may largely be incorrect in many other ways, someone will come along and likely pay the price for what they see as a nice turn key 69 Camaro, considering what it costs to restore one.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 04:58:47 AM »
Agree, clean car.  At least they put a silver grill in it  ;D   and $1400 worth of correct tires is nice.  I kind of like the tach and center fuel gauge, someone didn't actually add a console this time.  While the car may largely be incorrect in many other ways, someone will come along and likely pay the price for what they see as a nice turn key 69 Camaro, considering what it costs to restore one.

Sorry, I had to speak up. I have a car with an original center fuel gauge (no console car). These clowns cut an original stock fuel gauge down to make it fit in the center pod. So who knows what kind of stripped down shell they started with. They should have just used the reproduction fuel gauge.

I will give them points for "creativity" with this build...😁
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Z28Project

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 03:36:45 PM »
Just looked at that fuel gauge.  What a hoot! :)
John

69 Z/28 NOR 12B X33 H.O. 'Ex-Racer'