Author Topic: Mecum Kissimmee Auction  (Read 5676 times)

camaroboy68ss

• 1968 L30/M20
    • View Profile
Re: Mecum Kissimmee Auction
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 05:02:48 AM »
Price is simply relative to how much money you have and how bad you want something, my Wife thinks I'm nuts for spending $8,500.00 on a restoration project Camaro that looks like it belongs at the re-cycler! and 30years ago I would have agreed with her!

+2 on that one! Eleven years ago, I bought a 'project' car and some friends said "You paid THAT for IT?". Well, eleven years later I have made big advancements, and now the same people are saying "WOW, you were so lucky!". Yep, its all relevant.

Yeah, I have heard that kind of talk already with my C10 I just finished restoring. Only a couple years ago I guys say I overpaid but now I could not find what I bought remotely close to what I paid for it. Same thing with the Camaro at this point. If was buying what I did almost 20 years ago it would be triple the price at least.

Seems like the gap between project and finished car has really shrunk, making it where the guy without money but the skills to restore a car isnt really going to score anything of a deal as finished cars are not that much more money to buy and really dont have to do much work into them.
Young gun with a Camaro or 2.
1968 Camaro RS L30/M20, 2017 Camaro SS
1968 Chevy C10 - Twin to the Camaro
1933 Ford Pickup - "Camaro in disguise"

anything