Author Topic: 67 z28  (Read 17733 times)

sd1968z28

• View Profile
Re: 67 z28
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 10:33:25 PM »
good luck, its nasty now-snow and 40mph winds.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 12:19:40 AM »
I hope it's sunny and 70 next week!  I know it will be.  Hey, it's March!

Jerry

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 01:41:27 AM »
Who was or is responsible for inspecting and verifing this informaton? Was there docurmentation that goes with the car when delivered to the dealer or customer? Is this the documentation you require to verify and enter a z28 into the registry?

dab67
That's an interesting question to which I would love to hear an answer.  Do cars that have an X code but lack all drive train components qaulify?  How about LA cars that may have a correct engine but no codes?  I realize there are a lot of things to look at that help determine the legitimacy of a car (Z/28 or SS or ??) but I'd be very curious to learn the criteria that the CRG uses to qualify a car's entry into the DB (Short of Jerry inspecting and vetting each entry).

Given the much larger number of '69 Z's produced I would expect to see more in the DB.

Please note, this is not to nit pick the CRG but rather to understand the process.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 06:28:48 AM »
That's not many '68 Zs considering the size of the DB??
No, it isn't.
The db has some distortions in it. One of them is that 68's (all) are underrepresented.
Kurt S
CRG

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 06:45:29 AM »
Who was or is responsible for inspecting and verifing this informaton? Was there docurmentation that goes with the car when delivered to the dealer or customer? Is this the documentation you require to verify and enter a z28 into the registry?

dab67
That's an interesting question to which I would love to hear an answer.  Do cars that have an X code but lack all drive train components qaulify?  How about LA cars that may have a correct engine but no codes?  I realize there are a lot of things to look at that help determine the legitimacy of a car (Z/28 or SS or ??) but I'd be very curious to learn the criteria that the CRG uses to qualify a car's entry into the DB (Short of Jerry inspecting and vetting each entry).

Given the much larger number of '69 Z's produced I would expect to see more in the DB.

Please note, this is not to nit pick the CRG but rather to understand the process.
We are talking apples and oranges here.
dab67's question asked about how cars get into the registry. I assume Jerry was anwering for the 67 Z registry. I'm not sure what is required for the 68 Z registry.

The database has no such requirements. It was designed from the beginning as a database for research, not a registry.
The lack of criteria is its strength. You pour in a lot of data, some of it good and some bad, and with enough data and the right analysis, you can discover new things.
If you only put in what you know is true, then it only tells you what you know. :)
Kurt S
CRG

anything