Author Topic: 69 Camaro power steering pump repop v original  (Read 2472 times)

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
69 Camaro power steering pump repop v original
« on: January 12, 2019, 12:28:40 AM »
I'm changing over to power steering on my 69 camaro and was thinking of using a repop pump. Has any of you guys heard if they are any good?
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

Solo Speed Shop

• View Profile
Re: 69 Camaro power steering pump repop v original
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 04:59:32 PM »
Hey Vince!
 Check this guy out he knows a lot and has Parts! Jims power steering  602 751-0454 He's out of AZ I used him for a Vette! Tks Bill

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 09:37:37 PM »
Wasnt aware they're being reproduced, Vince - do you know who makes them? They're remanufactured in volume by A1 Cardone (possibly others too) and available with the matching reservoir; you may be able to find one at your local auto parts supplier - just need to look out for the correct bend/orientation on the return line tube, and be aware that the pressure fitting is usually female on rebuilt units.
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 12:34:19 AM »
Tim I don't know who making them, but Classic Industries and D& R classic has them.
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

X33RS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 03:09:57 PM »
I bought the complete power steering conversion kit from Heartbeat a couple years ago to convert my Z.  Complete with the correct casting pitman arm, all the hoses, clips, new box, deep groove pulley,  etc...   Wife did not like driving it with manual steer.  Fit, form and function are all perfect and for my purposes it looks factory and does the job.   Don't know who actually makes it.  I'm not concerned with that.  It's just on the car until my wife no longer enjoys driving it, then it's coming off and going back to the way the car came equipped when I restore it.