Author Topic: Big Block Cross-Ram intake  (Read 7795 times)

camaroboy68ss

• 1968 L30/M20
    • View Profile
Re: Big Block Cross-Ram intake
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 08:14:56 PM »
Boys,
Apparently, the only one I could find was the older Edelbrock X-C96 Cross-Ram for a Big Block.
Click on pics to enlarge.

I figured this would be the case, I have seen those before at various swap meets over the years. It seems the big block never had as much aftermarket support that built various carb combos. You see the injection, typical dual quads and tunnel rams. There was a super rare 4x2 Man-a-fre setup and i have never seen a non Corvette tri power set up for a big block, though i have never really looked.

Currently only have small blocks and outside of my Camaro and C10, everything has multiple carbs. Have dual fours, tri power and 6x2's. I really enjoy playing around with the multi carb setups
Young gun with a Camaro or 2.
1968 Camaro RS L30/M20, 2017 Camaro SS
1968 Chevy C10 - Twin to the Camaro
1933 Ford Pickup - "Camaro in disguise"

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »
Boys,
Apparently, the only one I could find was the older Edelbrock X-C96 Cross-Ram for a Big Block.

I figured this would be the case, I have seen those before at various swap meets over the years. It seems the big block never had as much aftermarket support that built various carb combos. You see the injection, typical dual quads and tunnel rams. There was a super rare 4x2 Man-a-fre setup and i have never seen a non Corvette tri power set up for a big block, though i have never really looked.

Currently only have small blocks and outside of my Camaro and C10, everything has multiple carbs. Have dual fours, tri power and 6x2's. I really enjoy playing around with the multi carb setups

I agree with you on that. I really dig the 'exotica' of unique intake systems…especially the rare experimental stuff. It sets you apart from the rest of the crowd when you lift the hood for the local street strokes to have a peek.
Just another T/A fanatic. Current lifelong projects:
1968 Olds 442 W-30
1969 Mustang Fastback w a Can-Am 494 (Boss 429)

camaroboy68ss

• 1968 L30/M20
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 07:05:40 PM »
Boys,

I agree with you on that. I really dig the 'exotica' of unique intake systems…especially the rare experimental stuff. It sets you apart from the rest of the crowd when you lift the hood for the local street strokes to have a peek.

Yes I agree, nowadays though its always fun to go a cars and coffee meet and see the people with their new cars be completely stumped at a multi carb setup. Most just assume its Hillborne type injection when seeing 4x2's or 6x2's. Last time I went to one of these I watched two guys around my age (I'm 26) be completely baffled at a Pontiac with a tri power, car owner wasn't around so I went over and explained how the progressive linkage all works.
Young gun with a Camaro or 2.
1968 Camaro RS L30/M20, 2017 Camaro SS
1968 Chevy C10 - Twin to the Camaro
1933 Ford Pickup - "Camaro in disguise"

anything