Author Topic: secret audio  (Read 14426 times)

roper

• View Profile
secret audio
« on: November 26, 2005, 01:30:08 PM »
Has anyone used the secret audio? the old am-fm is ok but most of the time I just get one speaker to work, I want a decent sound system but Im not willing to take the original unit out, these look to be the answer, you can put it under the seat and theres one that works from radio frequency to control the remote so you could even hide the face plate, I only listen to one or two stations so I wouldnt need to see the face plate on a day to day basis. thanks,roper

JeffB383

• View Profile
    • My '68's Resto Page
Re: secret audio
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 06:43:12 AM »
I have one in my wifes '62 Eldorado, they are great and make some decent power, I have the 10 disk CD changer with it, and have the main unit under the rear seat side panel and the wired  head unit built into one of the front ash trays, it works great, the wireless remote is pretty cool too, and it's totally hidden, we even have the stock original wonder bar am working as well.
Hope this helps
Jeff

roper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 03:23:20 PM »
thanks for the reply, I'm pretty much sold on the idea now. cant wait to get one installed. did you install yours yourself?

JeffB383

• View Profile
    • My '68's Resto Page
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 03:43:37 PM »
Yes it was a pretty easy install, much easier on a Camaro then a 19 foot long Cadillac, the cable almost did not reach in this case, but in your Camaro you can pretty much put it anywhere. The only tip I can give is turn off the power switch on the wireless remote when you are not using it as the battery will die in a month, and it's  one of those oddball camara batteries, that can be hard to find. Other than that it's a matter of picking a spot for the "brain" or actual radio unit, then run the head cable up to the front glove box I think would be the best, or I bet it would even fit in the ashtray, then just run the power wires etc, install the CD changer in the trunk, and yer done!