Author Topic: The Hugger goes ZL-1....  (Read 587 times)

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
Re: The Hugger goes ZL-1....
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 05:33:52 AM »
not bad at all. Keep the updates and pics coming.
I will! ;)
As long as I have something new, the updates will show here but as I said in the beginning I don't have a specific date when the motor has to be finished so this trip can take a while....!  :P
Regards

Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 355, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
Re: The Hugger goes ZL-1....
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 09:42:13 AM »
Well, now we have a block but it takes a couple of things more to get a motor running...a whole lot of things actually :rolleyes:

The carb, Holley 750 CFM, and the cowl air cleaner will be moved from the current 355, they not that bad for the ZL-1 either I guess...?

..but a new intake manifold for BB has to added to the new-parts-list! The original intake for the ZL-1 is the #3933198 as we understand and they are not hard to find but rather expensive so we had something else in mind when we started do discuss the motor...

After a while we found exactly what we were lookin for, the Edelbrock C427X. As we understand it was one of the best hi performance intakes during the 60-70:ies and were commonly used by a couple of racing team including Baldwin Motion?! A hot rod version of a ZL-1 isn't bad either and if we got the that intake to a good price...hey!  8)

After searching Ebay for a couple of weeks we suddenly found that nice unrestored and untouched piece that we wanted and for a neat price of $ 110!

The intake is NOT, I repeat NOT, going to be sand blasted and painted silver, just cleaned in a proper alu-friendly way and then we have to see if it need more TLC!  :-*
We want to keep that old school look in the engine bay....
Regards

Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 355, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com