Author Topic: Home page and feature car  (Read 4343 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Home page and feature car
« on: December 05, 2018, 04:31:05 AM »
Since we cannot comment on the other page anymore, I started this one to open a discussion on the Home page cars and the feature car. It is unfortunate no-one has submitted their car in the last month or so. I don't think it is because a lack of interest, in general I think most guys don't check the thread to know how many cars you have on deck.
 I think it is a great idea to have cars rotate from the home page, and it sounds like the CRG just needs more submissions. I have enjoyed all the write ups with the additional pics. From project cars like Bentleys yellow 69 with the tunnel ram, to the stock builds. It would be nice if there was a link to have on hand on past feature cars, so we can go back and read about them or use them for reference.
One suggestion in the future features or just pics, is there is quite a few guys I would like to see more of their cars. I know we can send personal messages to guys to submit, but how about just nominating a couple guys cars every couple of months?
Me personally I would like to see Jano's 68 Z, also NoYenkos 69, also some of the guys that have unrestored cars, as well as some of the exported Camaros .
I think it would also be cool to see a write up from the Guys who still participate with their Trans am racers all across the country, and can't remember ever seeing one of their cars on the home page, yet there are a decent group who check in and participate in the threads.

To sum things up I would like to keep the feature car and others going, and if guys are too shy or do not want to boast, I think a little coaxing or nominating of their cars may give them the idea that it is ok to show off their prize.
(BTW " thank you" to those CRG members who have kept it going this long)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

maroman

• View Profile
Re: Home page and feature car
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »
How about Chick's near perfect '68?
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 01:13:20 PM »
It’s actually been several months since any pics were submitted. It takes several hours to format everything, resize pics, upload draft files and images, then correct and upload again.  It’s not a trivial 5 minute job.

Links to all previous Feature Cars is here...
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=14188.0
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:40:47 PM by bcmiller »
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 02:40:18 PM »
Hi Bryon, I hope to put together some pics and info on my 67 rs/ss L78 survivor from Baldwin Chevrolet shortly and forward to you. Very much appreciate all your time and effort you put into the site and homepage/feature cars....
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 02:50:25 PM »
That sounds great Steve. I also agree Chicks car would make a great feature car.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 04:12:05 PM »
Without a doubt Chicks car should be featured. I was just volunteering to submit a write up on my car. I haven't even put together anything on the car my site, in members rides :).

Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »
Yup.
Feel like I know the 68. Followed/refrenced the build on TC and here. Surely some survivors will surface with tape in that exact location! Isn't there also a 69 with a crossram in the stable...

I really dig the stories and history of the cars. Especially those involving passionate builds, sentiment, or both. I love perfect, and feel the pain going about trying to do one.
But,I also like the ones with, say 32% gloss on the inner fender wells,lol.(joke)
Hey, anybody who ever sweated(and bled) on these things appreciates a little eye candy with a good story.

Post up.

68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 07:18:32 PM »
Are there any guidelines for feature car ads? Like restored, survivor, correct, finished, what? Both my camaros have been on the home page a while back, but I did not write a story because I did not have a good idea of what would be proper for the feature.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 07:47:07 PM »
Are there any guidelines for feature car ads? Like restored, survivor, correct, finished, what? Both my camaros have been on the home page a while back, but I did not write a story because I did not have a good idea of what would be proper for the feature.

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=14188.0
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

Tx-Z 302

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 09:04:13 PM »

But that piece of tape though!! Lol
Chris W

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 11:17:24 PM »
Maybe they can photoshop out the tape?
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 02:55:43 AM »
Yup.
Feel like I know the 68. Followed/refrenced the build on TC and here. Surely some survivors will surface with tape in that exact location! Isn't there also a 69 with a crossram in the stable...

I really dig the stories and history of the cars. Especially those involving passionate builds, sentiment, or both. I love perfect, and feel the pain going about trying to do one.
But,I also like the ones with, say 32% gloss on the inner fender wells,lol.(joke)
Hey, anybody who ever sweated(and bled) on these things appreciates a little eye candy with a good story.

Post up.

Boy, those are some good comments friends! LOL Hey, that piece of tape I should have not taken it off but have a picture and may put it back on so some of ya can look for it. And yes there is a 69 with a GM cross-ram/carbs hiding in the stable. Thanks again for the kind words.
Suggestion Bryon and CRG members concerns where its located at. To be honest I hardly looked at any featured cars due to location and wonder if it could be placed in a more seeable location. When someone hits "CRG Discussion" having it have a location that someone can easily find and even use for ideas for restoration or whatever. Maybe a "Members & Friends Rides" section between Restoration and Maintenance. I would gladly do whatever I could to assist with info from our stuff. And to help with work load for Bryon possibly have it set up like "original cars and details" where its approved first with a set of pictures and then more is added by the member. Just some thoughts! Bryon, know you and others put a lot of effort in the CRG and we all thank you.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 06:05:47 AM »
Good suggestions!
Perhaps another possibility to maintain updates might be to consider an introduction to member's cars that are still works in progress, like the story of how you came to buy/own the car, anything known about original options, previous owners, the car's former life etc. I'm sure plenty of us know something interesting about our cars, even if they're not 'showable' yet?
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway