Author Topic: Broadcast sheet/Build Sheet Type setting process  (Read 2673 times)

camaroman1969

• View Profile
Broadcast sheet/Build Sheet Type setting process
« on: November 04, 2018, 11:46:52 PM »
Hey Guys...Does anyone here, know of anyone who works with filling out and types in info to a Build sheet/Broadcast sheet???  I have a Broadcast sheet that is blank, but need someone to enter info on sheet with correct type set and correct size.  Please give me a shout if anyone here can lead me to that person.  Thanks for your time.  Don

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Broadcast sheet/Build Sheet Type setting process
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 03:41:44 PM »
I have a Broadcast sheet that is blank, but need someone to enter info on sheet with correct type set and correct size.

Ain't gonna happen Don. I don't know exactly what system GM used at the time (John might know), but you'd have to find someone running something like the old 1960's IBM 1401 mainframe (specifically programmed for broadcast sheets), and print to something like an IBM 1403 line printer to be able to do this. If you tried it with just a regular laser printer, the fonts and spacing would be all wrong. Not only that, but I haven't seen a punch card for AGES!

Ed

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 09:38:06 PM »
That and the need/reason for having reproduction broadcast sheets....
I've seen a few and they are not even close.
Kurt S
CRG

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 09:18:20 PM »
Here is how I look at it. Either we have original documentation or we don't.

I don't have any paperwork on my car.  I wish I did.  I keep hoping that I may find something someday.  That is not likely, but I will never have a reproduction document with the car as long as I own it. Just my opinion.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

adjudimo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 02:54:02 AM »
Here is how I look at it. Either we have original documentation or we don't.

I don't have any paperwork on my car.  I wish I did.  I keep hoping that I may find something someday.  That is not likely, but I will never have a reproduction document with the car as long as I own it. Just my opinion.

I agree with Bryon. I don't have doc's either.

I have a Broadcast sheet that is blank, but need someone to enter info on sheet with correct type set and correct size.

Ain't gonna happen Don. I don't know exactly what system GM used at the time (John might know), but you'd have to find someone running something like the old 1960's IBM 1401 mainframe (specifically programmed for broadcast sheets), and print to something like an IBM 1403 line printer to be able to do this. If you tried it with just a regular laser printer, the fonts and spacing would be all wrong. Not only that, but I haven't seen a punch card for AGES!

Ed

Not aimed toward camaroman1969 in any way, but if the correct IBM equipment needed was to become available and the wrong person/persons had access to it; there would more than likely be many, many more fake cars out there with newly created tags (POP Cowl VIN) to match what they wanted to present for sale to a potential buyer. It would be a terrible day for the hobby. On the other hand, if GM was to have in storage the necessary and now obsolete IBM equipment and offered this service after review of the vin, (visible/hidden) cowl tag, body numbers etc. and each application information recorded; then I say Why Not? Go for it! Not trying to create drama here, just a thought.

anything