Author Topic: Door Striker Allen Head?  (Read 2357 times)

Tinkerr

• View Profile
Door Striker Allen Head?
« on: October 13, 2018, 06:38:02 PM »
I'm baffled. Working on a 1968 Camaro attempting to adjust the door strikers. They are not original I bought them years ago specifically because they had the Allen heads, not the Torx heads, supposed to be GM. I can't find a Allen wrench to fit, 5/16th is to small 3/8th is to large. I ordered a 9mm that doesn't fit, best I can tell it's 11/32nd. Anybody try to find one of those? Snap-on doesn't have a listing, found a few on the google machine,but all are light duty aluminium or brass. I found one on Amazon ordered that(socket type) after a month on back order they cancel the order. Said it is not available. Is the factory Striker 11/32nd or are these Strikers just odd balls?

Thanks

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Door Striker Allen Head?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 07:32:13 PM »
Yours must be odd-ball because originals are 5/16". All I could suggest is that you grind (a little at a time) off a junk 3/8" allen until it fits.

Ed

Tinkerr

• View Profile
Re: Door Striker Allen Head?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 07:41:33 PM »
I tried the grinding plan. Can't seem to get all sides equal and inevitable the Allen wrench end up with a taper from not grinding flat. I suppose I'll find another set. Thanks for the quick response.

anything