Author Topic: VERY interesting Garage Find Today, NOT a Camaro  (Read 10412 times)

dannystarr

• View Profile
VERY interesting Garage Find Today, NOT a Camaro
« on: September 26, 2018, 05:56:56 AM »
I tried to post on the Yenko site and couldn't make it happen. It said all kinds of things about security codes and ??? Couldn't load any pictures. So was hoping someone could jump this over there for me? If this is taking up space, go ahead and delete it. Either way, I need some expert advice on this car to start.

Took a ride this morning to go look at a house that needs a complete re-plumb. I think the house is dated about 1949. The owner and I talked about cars at a recent car show, that's where I gave him my bus card. In a garage nearby was a 1963 Chevrolet Fuel Injected Split Window Corvette Z06 Hardtop! I think it is one of 195. I guess they made 4 convertibles? He gave me SO Much info I couldn't keep up. 4 Plastic spacers under hood, some cars have 1 or 2 or 3 or NONE. Do the tags and stamps look good? Those round rivets look suspect? And how do I tell if it is a REAL Z06 Fuelie. Rare double line master cylinder. 55,000 original miles. He bought it  just a few years after '63. Car has a later 327 installed. Original engine ??? on stand next to car.  There are other cars including a 1968 Corvette Bronze RS Z/28! Due to privacy I have blocked out a lot of the info. But there is enough to get started. Thanx for your time... Danny

dannystarr

• View Profile
Re: VERY interesting Garage Find Today, NOT a Camaro
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 06:00:06 AM »
more

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 06:06:53 AM »
more

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 06:09:45 AM »
More

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 12:58:11 PM »
Z06 had some very specific options. The corvette site probably lists them. These cars were cloned a lot in the 80,s and 90,s like the big block mid years so a "real" one is hard to spot without docs. Being a charter member of our local corvette group I years ago knew a lot by memory but not now. I don,t recall seeing the dual line MC and my 64 with power metallic brake option does not have it but it is not a Z06. Most I have seen did not have radios or heaters but I am sure there were some made. Very rare car if it is real.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 03:28:02 PM »
Kelley,
 The owner said that master cylinder is not Z06 specific but not many cars got THAT one. I guess they were mostly single line. It also has a roll bar in it, that is supposed to be factory installed. I guess I better find a corvette sight when I get time and see what I can learn. Don't wanna take up anymore space here. Thanx... Danny

cam69aro

• 38,000 mile Jerry MacNeish certified z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 03:37:27 PM »
Danny try sending sixt9rsx33 a pm  over at the Yenko site. he has some NCSR Vettes and is very knowledgeable about Corvettes. He might be able to help you out?? worth a shot.
Eldon W 1969 z28 Black with born with driveline X77 38,000 miles-sold
2016 z06/z07 Corvette Black

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 03:44:48 PM »
Danny, I posted a thread over on the NCRS site with a link to this thread asking the C2 guys if they could help you. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can answer your questions. I'm up on the early (1968 and 1969) C3's, but not on the C2's.

Ed

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 06:01:33 PM »
Now I can about guarantee no roll bar from the factory. Would raise my suspions as would the dual,line.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 06:18:00 PM »
I THINK the dual brake lines are for the big brake metallic that adjust going forward, only for Z06. I am positive the factory never put in a roll bar. Only factory paperwork could tell the true story.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 07:54:41 PM »
Danny, I've gotten several emails where no one can see the pictures. This is because they're not registered on our site. Would it be okay for me to lift these pictures and post them on the NCRS site?

Ed

suturb110

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 08:05:52 PM »
What is pictured is an original Corvette 1963 Z06 and 1964 J56 master brake cylinder. Very rare!

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 08:45:49 PM »
no pics of the bronze Z? asking price?

Also can you tell us what is he asking for the 63 corvette?

(great find)

thanks
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

FASTED

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 09:46:14 PM »
I am over from the NCRS site, there needs to ne much more info to say what it may or may not be, ZO6 Corvettes were built in 6 groups, the VIN may help to find out if its even possible. the group #'s were written in crayon on the rear bulk heads behind the fuel tank. making a clone was easy back when the parts were available from GM. if you really want a sure fire way to find out, I would talk with Tony Advesian  he wrote the latest book on the ZO6.He is from Gaithersburg, Maryland. just google Tonys Corvette shop.

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 10:31:11 PM »
  Ed, yes, move pictures and or details anywhere ya like.

And there ya have it on the master cylinder, so that's a nice step closer.

Bullitt, At this time there has been no discussion about pricing of the '63. He might not even want me to have it. It's not advertised for sale. I am going to see the CB '68 Z/28 next week. It runs, but has been sitting for 20 years on and off. So I guess you could say, seldom driven. Seen pictures and it's an RS!! 
But it's all about the Vette for now  ;) I probably can't buy it, but this sure is fun  ;D

FASTED, thanx for chiming in and for the info so far. I was told by the owner that some very knowledgeable Guru guys checked for the proper Z06 crayon markings and they are there. He was told that this car would fly through NCRS no problem. But we all know how it goes. Also Note: There is an RF at the end of the VIN.

•RC = 327-cid 250-hp V-8 with 10.5:1 compression ratio, manual transmission, and four-barrel carburetor
•RD = 327-cid 300-hp V-8 with 10.5:1 compression ratio, manual transmission, and four-barrel carburetor
•RE = 327-cid 340-hp V-8 with 11.25:1 compression ratio, manual transmission, and four-barrel carburetor
•RF = 327-cid 360-hp V-8 with 11.25:1 compression ratio, manual transmission, and fuel injection
•SC = 327-cid 250-hp V-8 with 10.5:1 compression ratio, Powerglide automatic transmission and a four-barrel carburetor
•SD = 327-cid 300-hp V-8 with 10.5:1 compression ratio, Powerglide automatic transmission and dual four-barrel carburetors

My big concern right now is the correct stamp fonting, broach markings and are the tags real with factory rivets? Could you tell me that please.? If those are not the real deal, I wouldn't be interested. Again, it's not out there for sale... Danny