Author Topic: AACA board of directors  (Read 3799 times)

maroman

• View Profile
AACA board of directors
« on: September 16, 2018, 11:50:11 PM »
OK, guys, pay attention. He would never toot his own horn so I will do it for him. Our own Phil, Lakeholme, is in the running for a seat on the board of directors of AACA. We need some new blood and Phil would be a good choice. If you are not an AACA member, you should be and you can join for half price for the rest of the year AND have the privilege of voting in Phil to an important position. There are some very important decisions to be made in the next few years in AACA. The AACA needs some new ideas of how to encourage younger members to join. The new building is going to take lots of thought to pull it off and not put the club in the hole financially. If you choose not to become a member encourage anyone you know that is a member to vote for Phil. Good luck to you, buddy.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

ZLP955

• View Profile
Re: AACA board of directors
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 07:57:59 AM »
Good luck Phil!
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 12:16:06 AM »
I'm a member and for the first time took a car to start the judging process. Lot's of great people and cars but judges lack a general understanding of what is technically correct but overall I score the experience highly and we plan to continue. Good luck Phil and if I can be of any help let me know.   
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 02:19:29 AM »
Chick, by now you should have gotten your new issue of AA magazine. The ballot is in there. I will say I have never voted before but this year I will.  I will be in class 22 I, the military class,  going for a 100 year badge. Stop by on Saturday.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 01:50:20 PM »
Thanks to Doug and others for the support!
Actually,  except for the nomination articles in Antique Automobile,  there is really little "running for office" in AACA,  so any chance for "putting in a good word" is truly appreciated.
On to more important stuff: Chick, are you bringing your car to Hershey? I appreciate what you said about AACA judging. Over time it has become my opinion that any properly restored Camaro should have no problem with our Judging  Guidelines. 
Hope to see any of you at Hershey.  Once again, thanks for the support.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »
 I was at an AACA (Peconic Bay region)event this past Sunday here on Long Island and one of the two judges commented how he didn't like that the bypass hose was painted Chevy orange. I explained to him it was on the engine during the paint process along with the exhaust manifolds (I have high heat overspray on the manifolds). He agreed with me but still didn't like the way it looks. I don't know if it cost me any points but I have to admit that it was one of the more thorough judged events I have had my car to this summer, and at the end of the day I took home the trophy.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 07:18:16 PM »
Mike,
Glad to hear you got your trophy!
When I'm  a team captain at a national meet, I try to make those kind of questions "teachable moments".
Had a Yenko in 36B a couple of years ago, and the chassis and motor judges obviously knew little about high performance cars. Fortunately,  I knew the owner, who I asked to give us a quick overview. In the end I had to beg my team to go judge the rest of the cars.
I always learn something when I walk on the show field.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 11:14:17 PM »
I can’t think of a more worthy candidate. The guy is super knowledgeable about a variety of cars, and just a plain nice friendly, helpful fella. I have benefitted from his thoughtful generosity. Best of luck Phillip.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 11:36:36 PM »
Thanks to Doug and others for the support!
Actually,  except for the nomination articles in Antique Automobile,  there is really little "running for office" in AACA,  so any chance for "putting in a good word" is truly appreciated.
On to more important stuff: Chick, are you bringing your car to Hershey? I appreciate what you said about AACA judging. Over time it has become my opinion that any properly restored Camaro should have no problem with our Judging  Guidelines. 
Hope to see any of you at Hershey.  Once again, thanks for the support.
Phillip, oh how I wish I could but away that weekend unless my son took it. My first AACA was a couple months ago at Gettysburg regional show where we took a 1st place and junior award. Great show with some outstanding cars and cannot say enough about how well it was organized, etc., etc.. Some minor questions about judging but not meant as a negative. Thumbs up organization IMHO! Will send you a PM!
Good luck and yes I have ballot to make out currently! :) But I need to vote for six more candidates
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile