Author Topic: Radio Dial Lense  (Read 2348 times)

KK302

• View Profile
Radio Dial Lense
« on: August 06, 2018, 12:59:58 PM »
After a long hibernation, I plugged my original, as supplied, AM/FM single speaker mono radio in and everything works as you would expect for a nearly 50 year old radio. I don't want to do any type of upgrade to the unit, but I would like to change out the radio dial lens. I see Trim Parts sells the replacement lens, but I can't figure out how to get the old one out. There appears to be four spring clips holding the lens in. Removing these loosens the lens, but there isn't enough room to slide the old one out and I don't want to break anything in the process. Does anyone know the trick to removing the lens? Thank you.

Kelley W King

• View Profile
Re: Radio Dial Lense
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 04:23:27 PM »
I think the AM/FM slider has to be removed. And no I don,t remember how to.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

KK302

• View Profile
Re: Radio Dial Lense
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 09:33:27 PM »
I think the AM/FM slider has to be removed. And no I don,t remember how to.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. There is a clip that holds the slider in, however its buried inside the radio. But I found that if you remove the two remaining nuts on the volume control and tuning control, and a few remaining screws (3), you can slide the whole front of the radio off. After that, just remove the four spring clips and the lens slides off. No need to remove the slider, since the push buttons for changing stations stay with the radio and the slider no longer interferes with the removal of the lens. Thanks again for your help.  KK