Author Topic: Newbie. With a 1967 True RS/SS 396 convertible. I hope  (Read 23023 times)

Dynaflash

• View Profile
Re: Newbie. With a 1967 True RS/SS 396 convertible. I hope
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2020, 07:57:28 PM »
Well the 67 Camaro is going full circle. The fake data plate has been removed and a new reproduction one has been ordered. Thanks to Kurt for having a picture of the original to go from. The stamps on the engine block have been punched flat and a new coat of orange paint will cover it as well. The car will (for now) remain a 396 and will keep the SS emblems even though this was originally a 327 RS car.
Thanks to all for your help on this.
Now for a little update on the details of the car. I have added the proper engine stands and transmission cross member for the big block. Cleaned the engine bay and repainted everything. Replaced the valve covers and air cleaner because of a little rust. New stickers and changed the carburetor to a Holley spreadbore. It runs much better and looks very nice.

adjudimo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2020, 08:43:29 PM »
Sounds like your getting the Camaro set up to the way you want to enjoy her. Good for you. Most often it is this type build that gets the most enjoyment from their owners. You don't have the worries of putting wear and tear plus miles on them. Actually get to go out and enjoy it for what it is. "Keep on truck'in".

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2020, 04:35:08 AM »
Glad to be able to help. Some people aren't so happy to see the original tag... :)
Kurt S
CRG

anything