Author Topic: JM Coded Engine... has anyone ever seen a JM coded engine block?  (Read 10578 times)

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: JM Coded Engine... has anyone ever seen a JM coded engine block?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 07:02:28 PM »
I agree with you 100% NO Low HP or 327 was to receive a Muncie. But one must understand, wrong parts are installed at the factory. It could be as simple as the Saginaw truck had a flat tire, they could not shut down the line so they installed what they had. Fact is, I, you, none of us know why these things happen but the truth remains that it does occur.

Now, as for Side Pipes on a 73, Easy to prove it was factory installed and not dealer. If you know anything about these cars, then you will know that right below the rear chrome bumpers there are exhaust cut outs for the chrome tips. Mine has no cut outs, it was also not filled in. So the dealer would not have cut out the entire tail light panel, refinished and repainted just to have a exhaust tip delete look; that leave only the factory.

Clearly you know nothing about the manufacturing process and I don't have the time or the inclination to teach you. However, I invite you to read THIS.

Being a member of the NCRS I know a lot about Corvettes. I've owned several over the years and currently own a 1969 L36 Roadster. THE FACTORY CAN'T INSTALL SOMETHING THEY DON'T HAVE. It's just that simple.

And just an FYI, people have been faking cars since they were invented. Everything required to put side exhaust on a car was available from the dealer and even the aftermarket. Just saying you have something isn't proof.

And until you submit that proof, it never happened and you're just beating a dead horse. Since I'm positive the proof won't be forthcoming, I'll no longer be replying to your comments. Arguing just makes me weary. I'll just end this by saying you believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe and we'll call it a day.

Ed

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:25:58 PM by bertfam »

Opium Motors

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 11:38:09 PM »
I have not called anyone's integrity into question. It is a shame that others can not say the same thing.

The examples that I had offered were to open a civil dialog as to the oddities that arise from the factory. That not every car was built following the prescribed guidelines.

Although there are the standards the factory strives to uphold, there are also present certain variables at hand, it is therefor logical that abnormalities arise.

Case in point: does the CRG have the variations of Stripes painted by the Van Nuys plant? If so, you shall note that from the "Factory", not all painted stripes follow the standards outlined. Given that, if a non standard factory painted strip is judged, what would be the result? Since it does not follow the RPO is it not true, a lie, faked? Or should it be accepted as an Original and an abnormality of the standard.
1968 Camaro RS Convertible 327 4 Speed Corvette Bronze
1973 Corvette 454

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2018, 12:10:18 AM »
Flogging a dead horse is not very entertaining... it's like rocking in a rocking chair... gives you something to do but gets you nowhere FAST.
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

HustleRussell

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2018, 12:17:39 AM »
The original question was answered in first reply.
Russ 
68 RS
69 SS

red69

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 02:31:47 PM »
Out of curiosity I checked out my 10/76 parts manual, appears there's a JM code listed for 1969 Chevy II. Typo?

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2018, 06:37:31 PM »
Out of curiosity I checked out my 10/76 parts manual, appears there's a JM code listed for 1969 Chevy II. Typo?

Typo? Probably not. Just an out and out mistake. The later issue P&A manuals are full of them! As I stated before, even GM docs can be contradicting so we use several different GM resources to verify what actually happened at the time of manufacturer.

Ed

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2018, 04:30:02 AM »
Typo - not really. The manuals seem to show that it was planned. But for whatever reason, it didn't happen.
That's why if you just quote the book, you make incorrect statements - which is what started all this.
Kurt S
CRG

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2018, 06:08:03 AM »
Kinda like the LS7 planned for 1970... 454 all aluminum...  listed as an option for the Vettes but cancelled or never went into production due to paring of the power team combos which had become EXTENSIVE by 70 for the Vette. 
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa